Testing of 1.2.3 - final phase (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    After the update Mediaportalk 1.2.2 with this Build 1.2.3 I get this error:

Looks like this is when you try to run SetupTV.exe. Is that correct?

Is there anything in the logs? Please try to post full logs.

What happens when you try to run MediaPortal itself?

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    After the update Mediaportalk 1.2.2 with this Build 1.2.3 I get this error:

Looks like this is when you try to run SetupTV.exe. Is that correct?

Is there anything in the logs? Please try to post full logs.

What happens when you try to run MediaPortal itself?

Yes when I open the ServerConfiguration. I have to test to run mediaportal itself. Here are vthe logs from the sertver.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Should people manually stop the TVService.exe before installation or is this issue fixed? I thought there were some problems in the past..

This is in the MP 1.2.2 Release News:
    General note about Upgrades

Manually stop TV-Service!
    On some systems our installer is not able to update the TV-Server installation because its files are locked or the service can not be stopped. In 1.3.0 we will completely rework our Installer to take care of this problem once and for all.
    For upgrades to 1.2.x we recommend you manually stop the TV-Service, and make sure, via Windows Task Manager(enable the "all users" option),that the TvService.exeprocess is really gone before starting to upgrade.

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    When I start Mediaportal I get this error. It looks like the TV PLugin didn't got the update. What Can I do

Attachments

• 3.png
      3.png
      1,020.5 KB

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Should people manually stop the TVService.exe before installation or is this issue fixed? I thought there were some problems in the past..

This is in the MP 1.2.2 Release News:
    General note about Upgrades

Manually stop TV-Service!
    On some systems our installer is not able to update the TV-Server installation because its files are locked or the service can not be stopped. In 1.3.0 we will completely rework our Installer to take care of this problem once and for all.
    For upgrades to 1.2.x we recommend you manually stop the TV-Service, and make sure, via Windows Task Manager(enable the "all users" option),that the TvService.exeprocess is really gone before starting to upgrade.

Upgrading from 1.2.2 _should_ be fine. However, there's only one way to find out! ;)

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I would repeat the installation with manually stop the tv service . But I can't install it again, because now I can only select a fresh installation. Is there any other possibillity ?

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I would repeat the installation with manually stop the tv service . But I can't install it again, because now I can only select a fresh installation. Is there any other possibillity ?

Hallo!
    Navigiere mal ins Verzeichnis: C:\Users\dein_username(ist von pc zu pc unterschiedlich)\AppData\Local\Temp\MediaPortal Installation\deploy

Dort solltest du diese zwei Files finden:
    package-mediaportal.exe
    package-tvengine.exe

Klicke auf package-tvengine.exe. Damit sollte nur der TVServer installiert werden und ein Update möglich sein. =)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom