The official (unofficial) moaning about the delay for 0.8 release thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinu

Portal Pro
February 28, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I'm really interested in compiling my own build, just waiting for 1.1.0 RC1. Takes soooo long too.

@Crispy: Reading that topic I read this:

It's looking like mid to late June. I think filtering will be done in another week or so, so after that it's just a matter of the remaining stuff we want in 0.8. Cleaning things up, maybe a few bug fixes then the release process. Of course keep in mind this is tentative and depends our the availability of member of our team to get stuff knocked out. :p

Not to be whining ofcourse, just hihi :)

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Yeah, never posting a projected release date again.

mitiok2008

Portal Pro
February 1, 2009
Yeah, never posting a projected release date again.
ffrode, take my advice: don't read this therad any more! :). It's just useless, timeless, etc...less. Just do your perfect job.
It doesn't mean that I'm not in deep stress because of delay with release. BUT! It's free, you spend your own time for development. And thank god if you'll finish it. So many nice start ups never been inplemented because of luck of time :(. So, just do your best and we will thank you anyway.

ridderdk

Portal Member
May 4, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
not easy

Well, thought i could do it, but this is over my head...
Is it something simple and developers guide are simply not updated or?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    114.1 KB

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

i tried myself some time ago but did not succed either.

maybe when the new release is out, someone has some time to update it.

on another topic...

all people complaining, i hope you remember the donate option when the release is done. if its so important to you, to the point of writing some very unfortunate words, hopefully the reward of finally getting it will make a donation a good idea.;)

rasmuskarlsen

Portal Pro
    October 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

I have also added "TvCapture" Project.... Furthermore, make sure, you are using Mediaportal 1.0.2 files, and not mediaportal SVN's..

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    Seriously guys, just be patient. Even if you get things built, understand we have not launched the new version yet for a reason.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    /me reminding fforde that he has "mod-powers" over this section ;)

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    Okay I am going to go ahead and lock this thread. Nothing productive is happening here, everyone is just stewing in their own juices getting themselves more and more worked up over not having the new release yet. It will be ready when it's ready. Yes the team and I feel we are very close. No I wont give a new projected release date.

As for people trying to build an SVN version yourself, the guide you all are referring to is not intended for end users to grab an early release. It is meant to help software developers get up and running with their IDE so they can contribute to the Moving Pictures project. For any developers that want to contribute but are having difficulty getting their IDE setup, please visit the Developers IRC Channel. For anyone else though, feel free to try to build if you absolutely can not wait, but if you have trouble, I am sorry but tough luck. The guide is meant for developers. If you all want to work together to try to figure out how to get things to build on your own, fine, but don't do it on the forums. I think discussion like this will very easily scare off new users and it frankly just creates the impression that Moving Pictures is hard to setup. And thats not what we want.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread