[THEME] Music Layouts (clearart, cdart, bio, ect.) for MP 1.3 Beta - v3.0 - ALPHA TEST VERSION (2 Viewers)

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: [MOD] WIP-Music Layouts for 1.2RC-clearart,cdArt, music tags-(Screenshots 31/07/1

This looks very nice!! I like the focus on fanart there! =)
    Can't wait to be released!

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Re: [MOD] WIP-Music Layouts for 1.2RC-clearart,cdArt, music tags-(Screenshots 31/07/1

I very much like these new shots. Having the info on top of the visualization is a great idea. Would it be possible to have the top label go all the way across the screen instead of being cut off into a fade label? A few items less in the list will give you some more room for that. See attached screenshot.

Emph

Attachments

• musick.jpg
      musick.jpg
      216.3 KB

drealit

Portal Pro
    March 15, 2008
    Re: [MOD] WIP-Music Layouts for 1.2RC-clearart,cdArt, music tags-(Screenshots 31/07/1

This looks fantastic and brings this skin so close to being complete for me.

Mr. V

Portal Pro
    September 15, 2007
    Brisbane
    Home Country

I very much like these new shots. Having the info on top of the visualization is a great idea. Would it be possible to have the top label go all the way across the screen instead of being cut off into a fade label? A few items less in the list will give you some more room for that. See attached screenshot.

Emph

Yes. I agree.

Going to concentrate on the final tweaks to the mymusicgenre.xml and common.facade.music.xml this week.

Should have a test version up sometime over the weekend for 1.2b. Once testing is all ok i will update for 1.2RC.

Other screens will follow in the next few weeks.

Dragy

Portal Pro
    April 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

I like your mod, but I think that your latest modifications are not better then the default screens.

Maybe this can be added to a future SMP release? (maybe as an option)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

I think this is what's going to happen. Most of the NowPlaying screens was done from mockups from a non-StreamedMP developer IIRC. I just hope more skins start using the new music stuff available.

Emph

Mr. V

Portal Pro
    September 15, 2007
    Brisbane
    Home Country

I like your mod, but I think that your latest modifications are not better then the default screens.

Thanks for the feedback. I guess everyone has different tatses. This is really based on what i would like to see. I have used xbmc and loved the music section, getting a lot of insperation from that.

I always wanted a simple now playing screen with fanart. I still love the default one. Just needs some spinning cd art and it will be perect in my eyes.

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Hi people,

I plan to update every screen to incorporate the new music tags available.

What are the new tags you mentioned? anyone have more info on these?

I like some of the screens but not others, I think the now playing needs the tinted background at the bottom otherwise with light coloured fan art the text wont be readable in white.

Also I don't see the files anywhere, can we try them out or is it just a preview of things to come?

Mr. V

Portal Pro
    September 15, 2007
    Brisbane
    Home Country

What are the new tags you mentioned? anyone have more info on these?

I like some of the screens but not others, I think the now playing needs the tinted background at the bottom otherwise with light coloured fan art the text wont be readable in white.

Also I don't see the files anywhere, can we try them out or is it just a preview of things to come?

Might not be so clear from the screenshots. there is a light tint and works fine with a white background. Got to say it looks much better ATM than the screenshots thanks to a few more tweaks.

Stay tuned....

I've completed the views, now playing and lyrics. Just some minor adjustments and it'll be available in a couple of days. Please look at it then and let me know what views you may not like and how you think it can be improved. I am determined to get this perfect and comminity feedback is what its all about.

Tags are here (probly should of said skin properties)
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...1.1.0_to_1.2.0/Music_Browsing_Skin_Properties

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ah sounds good thanks, my only slight concern now given the music I listen to is I can see me having a lot of empty spaces with no info available :(

Will it automatically scrape Allmusic.com for the info?

Currently we have to get artist and album info up from a right click menu don't we? when this is done in it's current state, is that info written to the ID Tag of the track?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom