[THEME] Music Layouts (clearart, cdart, bio, ect.) for MP 1.3 Beta - v3.0 - ALPHA TEST VERSION (1 Viewer)

Mr. V

Portal Pro
September 15, 2007
Brisbane
Home Country
Re: [MOD] Music Layouts for 1.2b-clearart,cdArt, music tags-(test version 06/08/11)

Test Version for MP 1.2b for download.
& updated screen shots.

See 1st post. :D

Mr. V

Portal Pro
September 15, 2007
Brisbane
Home Country
Re: [MOD] Music Layouts for 1.2b-clearart,cdArt, music tags-(test version for downloa

Sorry, had a problem with the 1st version with nowplaying and lyrics that filled MP logs with errors.

Fixed now. Please Download v1.1 in first post.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Re: [MOD] Music Layouts for 1.2b-clearart,cdArt, music tags-(test version for downloa

I really like the spinning CD in the Now Playing overlay. :D Very cool. I haven't checked out much else yet, as I'm currently going through my music collecting and updating the Artist/Album info. It's damn annoying how I get lots of blank results that can't be undone afterwards though. I hope this get's fixed in MePo 1.3. Or if someone releases a better scraper or a database editor.

Emph

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Back with a small bug report. If I highlight an album and press my Play button on the remote, the list of files in the album(s) is shown and the Now Playing overlay is shown at the top left with the contents of the ID3 tag. If I now go to the Now Playing window, the ID3 info disappears and "No track information" is shown and the incorrect artwork/backdrop is shown (random backdrops keep cycling).

If I press Back on my remote, the previous page is shown, but the Now Playing overlay is showing "No track information" instead of the correct tags from a minute ago. If I skip tracks at the "Now Playing" screen, the "No track information" remains for every track.

I'm using your updated 1.1 files btw.
    Emph

Mr. V

Portal Pro
    September 15, 2007
    Brisbane
    Home Country

I really like the spinning CD in the Now Playing overlay. :D Very cool. I haven't checked out much else yet, as I'm currently going through my music collecting and updating the Artist/Album info. It's damn annoying how I get lots of blank results that can't be undone afterwards though. I hope this get's fixed in MePo 1.3. Or if someone releases a better scraper or a database editor.

Emph

Agreed. The only way i can do the ATM is use SQLite browser to modify the data.

Back with a small bug report. If I highlight an album and press my Play button on the remote, the list of files in the album(s) is shown and the Now Playing overlay is shown at the top left with the contents of the ID3 tag. If I now go to the Now Playing window, the ID3 info disappears and "No track information" is shown and the incorrect artwork/backdrop is shown (random backdrops keep cycling).

If I press Back on my remote, the previous page is shown, but the Now Playing overlay is showing "No track information" instead of the correct tags from a minute ago. If I skip tracks at the "Now Playing" screen, the "No track information" remains for every track.

I'm using your updated 1.1 files btw.
    Emph

Should be fixed now. Please see v1.2.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Re: [MOD]Music Layouts for 1.2b-clearart,cdArt, music tags-(test version v1.2)

Btw, the clearart and some other stuff that was included in the first release are missing from the 1.2 and 1.2 releases. In case you forgot that they were in there.

Emph

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan

1. Make a backup copy of you Streamed MP Directory
    2. Copy the files from the "Streamed MP-Music Views" folder into the Streamed MP directory
    3. Copy the "cdArt" and "ClearArt" Directory to the Mediaportal "thumbs/music" directory.

Uhm, exactly where are the files from step 3 above in the "SMP Music Views v1.2.zip" file? Or should I be finding them somwhere else?

Luckily I was able to undo step 2 by using the backup from step 1, but I'd put a big warning on the first post on where to find these files before anyone tries using this update.

Also, is it compatible with the brand new StreamedMP that was just released a day or so ago for MP 1.2b?

Mr. V

Portal Pro
    September 15, 2007
    Brisbane
    Home Country

Btw, the clearart and some other stuff that was included in the first release are missing from the 1.2 and 1.2 releases. In case you forgot that they were in there.

Emph

Thanks. Fixed

1. Make a backup copy of you Streamed MP Directory
    2. Copy the files from the "Streamed MP-Music Views" folder into the Streamed MP directory
    3. Copy the "cdArt" and "ClearArt" Directory to the Mediaportal "thumbs/music" directory.

Uhm, exactly where are the files from step 3 above in the "SMP Music Views v1.2.zip" file? Or should I be finding them somwhere else?

Luckily I was able to undo step 2 by using the backup from step 1, but I'd put a big warning on the first post on where to find these files before anyone tries using this update.

Also, is it compatible with the brand new StreamedMP that was just released a day or so ago for MP 1.2b?

Sorry. Missed some files for v1.2. Fixed now.

Tested with SMP released on 22 July. v1.6.9

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

I'm actually liking it alot more than i thought I would, from the screen shots I didnt like the cd poping out of the album art but it spins so it's cool lol.

I have a few things though

can the now playing box be moved to the top right when on the home screen, where it is currently it covers your icons when using the left right scrolling basic home (screenshot below)

The other thing I'd prefer is if it would read the artist genre from the tag rather than using what it gets from the scraper, so far all my artist have returned the genre Pop/Rock, for Avril Lavigne fair enough but Anthrax and the Distillers not so much.

I see the artist image displayes the default image if no fan art is available or the fan art if it is, this looks good on artists with fan art but most of mine don't have any fan art, I do have an image for every artist in the artists folder though that the previous skin files displayed, is it posible to use these images instead of fan art?

I think I'm going to wait until 1.2 RC though to fully go through every artist because it is going to take long enough without a scraper as it is without having to back out everytime :eek:

And lastly, is there anyway to delete the artist info? I have a band called A, just 'A' but it has retrieved artist info for Aerosmith and can't seem to change it.

Very good work so far

8vojl5.jpg

Edit

Something i just noticed also, i have what seems to be graphics from the previous skin files showing.

Solid black bar at the bottom of the now playing screen

And a faint line running across the now playing screen and the lyric screen hi lighted below (hard to see on screen cap)
    2a9nzfm.jpg

Which appears to be remnants of the line hi lighted below
    in5w1y.jpg

At 1st i thought it was image retention but it only appears on these 2 screens. Do I need to delete the original now playing overlay graphic?

Mr. V

Portal Pro
    September 15, 2007
    Brisbane
    Home Country

can the now playing box be moved to the top right when on the home screen, where it is currently it covers your icons when using the left right scrolling basic home (screenshot below)

Looks like i havn't updated all the home screen now playing files, only one for horizontal layaout. Should have the rest available in a couple of days.

The other thing I'd prefer is if it would read the artist genre from the tag rather than using what it gets from the scraper, so far all my artist have returned the genre Pop/Rock, for Avril Lavigne fair enough but Anthrax and the Distillers not so much.
    I was thinking about this one. My concern is some people may not have all there genre's tagged correctly. The value is picked up from allmusic.com. Will have a think about what i can do.

I see the artist image displayes the default image if no fan art is available or the fan art if it is, this looks good on artists with fan art but most of mine don't have any fan art, I do have an image for every artist in the artists folder though that the previous skin files displayed, is it posible to use these images instead of fan art?
    It is, but the aspect would be out unless i rework the skin file. I set the fanart handler to use a folder if no image is found, but then i do have fanart for 90% of my artists. I'll see what i can do

I think I'm going to wait until 1.2 RC though to fully go through every artist because it is going to take long enough without a scraper as it is without having to back out everytime :eek:
    Not sure how many artists you have but it is a pain without an automated scraper. I only have about 180 and have been doing a 5 or so a day. I start with a blank one. Hit F9, then 3, select the match and hit escape. Hit down then repeat. Its not so bad that way. The info is saved but wont appear unitil you change to a different view and back again.

An automated scraper wont be available till MP 1.3.

And lastly, is there anyway to delete the artist info? I have a band called A, just 'A' but it has retrieved artist info for Aerosmith and can't seem to change it.
    A missing feature in mediaportal. The only way i know is to downlaod SQlite browser to modify the music database. From there you can delete or change the entry.

Something i just noticed also, i have what seems to be graphics from the previous skin files showing.
    Should have it fixed in a couple of days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom