[THEME] Music Layouts (clearart, cdart, bio, ect.) for MP 1.3 Beta - v3.0 - ALPHA TEST VERSION (1 Viewer)

Mr. V

Portal Pro
September 15, 2007
Brisbane
Home Country
Re: [MOD] WIP-Music Layouts for 1.2RC-clearart,cdArt, music tags-(Screenshots 31/07/1

Ah sounds good thanks, my only slight concern now given the music I listen to is I can see me having a lot of empty spaces with no info available :(

Will it automatically scrape Allmusic.com for the info?

Currently we have to get artist and album info up from a right click menu don't we? when this is done in it's current state, is that info written to the ID Tag of the track?

Unfortunatly not. At this stage its a 1 by 1 process. So there is no automated process. The info is written to the mediaportal music database.
I would love to write a plugin to automate this job, but its a time factor as all my efforts are goin into these skin files.

Same for the cdArt and Clearart.
I do have the source code for the latest TV series clearart scraper and hope to change that to suit in the future. (might be some time cause i really dont know much about C#, will be a steep learning curve and will take some time)

All in all automation would be great, and it will quite some time before i can consider looking at this.

Please, if anyone wants to put there hand up to make this possible, it would be appreciated.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Re: [MOD] WIP-Music Layouts for 1.2RC-clearart,cdArt, music tags-(Screenshots 31/07/1

Ah sounds good thanks, my only slight concern now given the music I listen to is I can see me having a lot of empty spaces with no info available :(

Currently we have to get artist and album info up from a right click menu don't we? when this is done in it's current state, is that info written to the ID Tag of the track?

Unfortunatly not. At this stage its a 1 by 1 process. So there is no automated process. The info is written to the mediaportal music database.
    I would love to write a plugin to automate this job, but its a time factor as all my efforts are goin into these skin files.

I do have the source code for the latest TV series clearart scraper and hope to change that to suit in the future. (might be some time cause i really dont know much about C#, will be a steep learning curve and will take some time)

All in all automation would be great, and it will quite some time before i can consider looking at this.

Please, if anyone wants to put there hand up to make this possible, it would be appreciated.

I've been asking over and over again for better scraper options in the Music section of MediaPortal. Or a plugin that does it. I've been looking at discogs.com as it has an API already: API v2.0 Documentation and I would like the information from there to be stored in the music database instead of the files' tags (even if the tags are good already).

Why, when all my music is currently perfectly tagged? Here's why; having stuff like "producer", "remixer" etc for each track would be awesome. Just like in MP TV-Series where you get can see "Director" and "Writer" for each episode, seeing as much info as possible would be an awesome additon. Also, being able to create a playlist by sorting all songs after producer, remixer, tempo, genre and so on would also be great. If you want to go on with the plugin and need someone to come up with stuff, let me know. :D

Edit:
    Thought about something regarding the currently available fields. For compilation albums, my tags use "Various Artists" for the "Album Artist" then different "Artist" content for each track. It would be very nice if these fields are used correctly.

Cheers
    Emph

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea

I've been asking over and over again for better scraper options in the Music section of MediaPortal. Or a plugin that does it. I've been looking at discogs.com as it has an API already: API v2.0 Documentation and I would like the information from there to be stored in the music database instead of the files' tags (even if the tags are good already).

Why, when all my music is currently perfectly tagged? Here's why; having stuff like "producer", "remixer" etc for each track would be awesome. Just like in MP TV-Series where you get can see "Director" and "Writer" for each episode, seeing as much info as possible would be an awesome additon. Also, being able to create a playlist by sorting all songs after producer, remixer, tempo, genre and so on would also be great. If you want to go on with the plugin and need someone to come up with stuff, let me know. :D

Edit:
    Thought about something regarding the currently available fields. For compilation albums, my tags use "Various Artists" for the "Album Artist" then different "Artist" content for each track. It would be very nice if these fields are used correctly.

Cheers
    Emph

hi , i wonder if it somting that can be add to MPTagThat that way one pleace to fix all music staff...then export all to MP..
    Maybe need to ask hwahrmann if can do ?
    then as i see it all music section can be complit with MPTagThat for MP ..

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

hi , i wonder if it somting that can be add to MPTagThat that way one pleace to fix all music staff...then export all to MP..

If I'm not mistaken I've already asked him and he wasn't interested. But what I'm suggesting doesn't rely on tagging (tagging is good, don't get me wrong) but bringing in extra info that's not in the tags. Producer, remixer, label etc is very unusual for most information sites used by the best id tag tools (like MPTagThat, which is a GREAT tool). Having this info available also for playlist creation would put MediaPortal's music section in front of many other software that I know of.

Emph

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

It's a shame there is no auto scraper because I think having to do it manually for each artist/album will put a vast majority off using the new skin designs because until they retrieve the info for every artist and album they have the templates will look odd with bland spaces and no details and retrieving it all 1 by 1 could take a very long time on large collections.

Looking forward to giving the new designs a try but I can't see me sticking with them TBH because there will be too many with no info.

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea

If I'm not mistaken I've already asked him and he wasn't interested. But what I'm suggesting doesn't rely on tagging (tagging is good, don't get me wrong) but bringing in extra info that's not in the tags. Producer, remixer, label etc is very unusual for most information sites used by the best id tag tools (like MPTagThat, which is a GREAT tool). Having this info available also for playlist creation would put MediaPortal's music section in front of many other software that I know of.

Emph

hi Emph ! i'm with you ... i also talk abut extra info for me the artist info Bio ...and so on, not tag , i think the Ultimate music app'/plugin will be abile to :Tag,rip,convert,extra artist info,lyrics ,playlist with option to export to MP.

canot update extra artist info 1 by 1 for very big collection .... :mad:

(as i remember you did try to to somting abut it with a new plugin ,that developers start and gone...to bad..:confused:)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Brief bit of info from me...
    I really want to sort out scraping but the current implementation is pretty crap. What I will attempt to do is create a plugin that will automatically scrape using the existing allmusic scraper. (Not going to give any promises or timescales as it all depends on when I can find some spare time)

I would like to implement a proper script based scraping mechanism so we can have info from last.fm / discogs / allmusic / ... anything like this would be something for MP 1.3

As regards discogs though I have looked at this before and the data was pretty crappy. I would not bother with it myself but if I get time to create the whole scripting engine users could create their own scripts.

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country

One of the things i don't like about lastfm etc is the lack of uniformity with the images they are all of verying size, shape and quality and some are not even images of the band but a poster or something, Everytime I add a new artist to my share folder I add an image that I choose to the artists folder.
    However when I view artist info, my image gets replaced by one from the scraper, usually a terrible one.
    Any scraper or skin design to show info would need to allow image selection or not to overwrite existing images for me to use it. I'm a bit fussy with things like that but I may be the only one :)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country

However when I view artist info, my image gets replaced by one from the scraper, usually a terrible one.
    Yes looking at the code it will do that... I will change the code to only download an image if one does not already exist

http://mantis.team-mediaportal.com/view.php?id=3665

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country

Great stuff, thats something thats been rather annoying for a while.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom