There is no free card available (1 Viewer)

cane

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 20, 2007
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Since recently I can't watch TV, before that everything was running smoothly. I always get There is no free card available error. Yesterday I completely uninstalled MP and channels found, EPG data is grabbed OK but the error is still here.

In logs I can't figure what's wrong, but hopefully some of you gurus can help me??

Last edited:

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Code:
    2013-06-05 23:55:06.556400 [(14)]: dvb:  LockInOnSignal could not lock onto channel - no signal or bad Signal
    Looks like no reception - check the aerial connection.

Can you preview a channel in TV Server Config?

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Weird...did we ever have have had so much missing channels mappings? I have the feeling that this is quite inflationary lately in forums threads. Have there been any changes in mapping procedure? What is the reason? Corrupted databases?

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello The_Stig - hope you are well! :)
    In my opinion if there is an epidemic it is probably due to higher availability of dual tuners. People who are not familiar with how TV Server works probably think all tuners are used automatically.

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Maybe we should guide the user a bit better? Highlighting cards that have no mapped channels would spring to mind as the first idea.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Maybe we should guide the user a bit better? Highlighting cards that have no mapped channels would spring to mind as the first idea.
    Alternatively, perhaps when new channels are found in a scan we could automatically map them to all tuners that match the channel type. I mean, in most cases that is what the user would want. Doing it for existing channels might be too much because it might "trample" user settings.

But really...
    In what cases is it really necessary to be able to specify mappings (other than all channels linked to all tuners). I can only think of a few:
    1. When satellite tuners are connected to different dishes.
    2. When analog cards are used for blasting and/or when analog tuners are in use for analog TV and/or FM.
    3. When signal is too weak for certain tuners but okay for others.

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Hello The_Stig - hope you are well!
    Pretty fine here...weekend coming and sunny over here. Hope you're fine too. Great to see your activity here!!!

In my opinion if there is an epidemic it is probably due to higher availability of dual tuners. People who are not familiar with how TV Server works probably think all tuners are used automatically.

Sounds logical. Happened to me after installing my first dual tuner card too...

Good one! With a tooltip on that card why its highlighted! Any volunteers? ;)

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    But really...
    In what cases is it really necessary to be able to specify mappings (other than all channels linked to all tuners). I can only think of a few:
    1. When satellite tuners are connected to different dishes.
    2. When analog cards are used for blasting and/or when analog tuners are in use for analog TV and/or FM.
    3. When signal is too weak for certain tuners but okay for others.
    4. When you have scrambled channels and only one tuner has access to CI?!?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    4. When you have scrambled channels and only one tuner has access to CI?!?
    TV Server can say: if channel is encrypted then only tuners marked as having a CI slot can tune the channel.
    So even that situation doesn't require mapping. There would only be a problem if tuners have access to different subscriptions. But again, that is not the most common situation, so I don't think it is a reason to not link channels to all tuners by default. I'm not saying we should remove mapping entirely...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom