There is no free card available (2 Viewers)

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Hrm, unknown type. Had this once when my FireWire connection to TV card had loose contacs. On mobile device currently so cannot check which card you have. Maybe worth a look?

redrocket

June 10, 2013
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Attached are my logs. I've also attached how the cards and channels are showing up in the config. If I try to preview a channel it says all cards busy.

When I ran MP it looks like it pulled in the EPG fine. I may try to reinstall MP in the next few days if I dont find a solution.

Attachments

• cards.jpg
      cards.jpg
      179.6 KB
    • TV Channels.jpg
      TV Channels.jpg
      278 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @redrocket
    If I try to preview a channel it says all cards busy.
    The message is not very helpful from a user perspective. What it means is that TV Server has no ability to tune the channels. Not that your tuners are busy - just that TV Server thinks there are no tuners capable of tuning the channels.

So what is going on?
    Well, the problem is TV Server didn't detect your TeVii tuners when it started. Probably because the tuner drivers hadn't finished loading when the TV service started.
    2013-06-10 21:16:51.579215 [TVService(6)]: Controller: card not found :TeVii DVB-S/S2 Receiver
    2013-06-10 21:16:51.579215 [TVService(6)]: Controller: card not found :TeVii DVB-S/S2 Receiver

TV Server only detects tuners at startup, so if the tuners aren't available then... well, they're unusable. That is why they're labelled as "unknown" - TV Server can't find them. Your channels are showing as not mapped because all the tuners that are capable of tuning those channels (ie. your TeVii tuners) are not available.

When I ran MP it looks like it pulled in the EPG fine.
    Yep, there really is very little wrong.

I may try to reinstall MP in the next few days if I dont find a solution.
    That would be massive overkill.
    All that you need to do to solve the problem is to trigger TV Server to re-detect your tuners.
    This is really easy:
    1. Open TV Server configuration.
    2. Go to the manual control section.
    3. Select "stop service"... then "start service".

Note, you may need to permanently delay the startup of the TV service in order to ensure this doesn't happen again. That can be done using the setting here:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ration/06_General#Delay_for_TV_card_detection

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    when new channels are found in a scan we could automatically map them to all tuners that match the channel type. I mean, in most cases that is what the user would want. Doing it for existing channels might be too much because it might "trample" user settings.

But really...
    In what cases is it really necessary to be able to specify mappings (other than all channels linked to all tuners). I can only think of a few:
    1. When satellite tuners are connected to different dishes.
    2. When analog cards are used for blasting and/or when analog tuners are in use for analog TV and/or FM.
    3. When signal is too weak for certain tuners but okay for others.

worth while putting in mantis?

Last edited:

ceybie

Portal Member
    October 12, 2007
    Leuven
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I am having the exact same problem described by Redrocket after upgrading from 1.4.0 to 1.5.0
    Only for me, starting and stopping the service in the manual control section does not solve it, neither does setting the delay of the startup to 5 or 50 (what number should you set it to?)

Attachments

• Manual Control.jpg
      Manual Control.jpg
      185.2 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello ceybie

I am having the exact same problem described by Redrocket after upgrading from 1.4.0 to 1.5.0
    Only for me, starting and stopping the service in the manual control section does not solve it...
    Okay. Has Windows detected the tuner? Please check in Windows device manager and report back.
    TV Server won't detect the tuner if Windows hasn't detected it. You may need to restart the PC to get Windows to detect it.

...neither does setting the delay of the startup to 5 or 50 (what number should you set it to?)
    There is no "right value" to use. It should be set as high as necessary to allow TV Server to consistently detect your tuners on boot or after resume. For some people that is 5 seconds; for others it is 50 seconds. For you... well it sounds like you have something else going on and no amount of fiddling with this setting may help.

Please also post your log files:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_..._Non_Reproducible_Problems_within_MediaPortal

Following the above procedure will include TV Server logs.

mm

ceybie

Portal Member
    October 12, 2007
    Leuven
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Windows had detected the tuner (see Device Manager.jpg).
    I am able to watch TV without any problems using another program, WinTV.
    Also, before the upgrade I could watch TV without issues.
    Log files attached.
    Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• Device Manager.jpg
      Device Manager.jpg
      113.7 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Okay, I see the general problem. Would it be possible to get access to your PC for some testing to figure out how to fix it?

ceybie

Portal Member
    October 12, 2007
    Leuven
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    What do you mean by "get access to your PC"? I do not have any software installed to control my pc from remote.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom