thetvdb.com down!? (1 Viewer)

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Sorry folks. We're trying to figure out all of the issues, and we're looking at purchasing a dedicated server instead of relying on the good will of others, since buying resources means they'd be more stable. Keep an eye on our forums when these issues happen... we generally try posting an explanation of the problem and expected downtime.

Thanks for the update.
    I say +1 for donating, MediaPortal wouldn't be the same without the info and fanart from thetvdb.com.

grantonstar

September 6, 2008
    Can't connect to http://thetvdb.com/api/<apikey>/mirrors.xml: The operation has timed

I've been trying to dowload info from the TVDB for the past 6 days and each time I get the following error:

Can't connect to http://thetvdb.com/api/<apikey>/mirrors.xml: The operation has timed out

Is anyone else experiencing this? I can access by WWW but it seems the API is not accessible?

I'm using the latest version of My-TVSeries.

Thanks

grantonstar

Redback

Portal Member
    July 4, 2009
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    I've been trying to dowload info from the TVDB for the past 6 days and each time I get the following error:

Can't connect to http://thetvdb.com/api/<apikey>/mirrors.xml: The operation has timed out

Is anyone else experiencing this? I can access by WWW but it seems the API is not accessible?

Same problem here. Does anyone know why this is happening? What would usually go in the <apikey> bit?

Sorry about bumping a relatively old thread, btw, but I know that many people are experiencing this and I can't find a solution anywhere. The TVDB is online!

:D

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    The <apikey> is just placeholder for the real APIKEY that the plugin uses. If you are using an official stable\test release of the plugin then you will have no problem.

I can't reproduce what you experiencing, I can retrieve the mirrors no problem.

Redback

Portal Member
    July 4, 2009
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Thanks for the response.

Could it have anything to do with the TV Server not being installed? My firewalls are all disabled as well.

I'm using MP 1.0.2 and TVSeries 2.2.3389, btw.

I'm currently reinstalling everything to see if it fixes the timeout.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    With or without TVServer should work ok, I think the majority of people are using your environment so I dont think that is your problem. Let us know how you go.

Redback

Portal Member
    July 4, 2009
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    It's still timed out :(

I know there are threads all over the place about this same thing happening to people. Surely by now you've all got it sorted, yet none of said threads have a solution in them. Could anyone who has experienced this and got it sorted share what fixed it. I know it will help many more than just me.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Usually when there is a problem, it affects everyone and its a result of the server being offline. Hence the reason you see no solutions, it basically fixes itself. Your problem appears to be different, are you sure you have disabled all Firewalls (local and router) plus any other filtering software?

Has it ever worked for you?

Redback

Portal Member
    July 4, 2009
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Well this is definitely a problem at my end, as it has never worker. I'm new to MP, having only installed it for the first time a few days ago.

I don't think that any software associated with MP can access the net. I tried the moving pictures plugin the other day and that wouldn't download info/cover art either. Even the wikipedia pluging that came with MP wont connect.

So this is starting to sound like a firewall issue, although I have Commodo completely turned off, and I'm pretty sure my router's firewall is off. Perhaps I'll have a play with it and see what I can find. I'll also try MP on another rig.

Cheers

------------------------------------

Yay - finally got it working. What an awesome plugin.

Turns out that even when I quit my firewall, it was still somehow operating in the background. I really needed to actually disable it through the interface, rather than just clicking exit on its quick launch icon.

Anyway, I'll go and fiddle with the trusted zone so I can enable it again.

Thanks for your time ltfearme.

Users who are viewing this thread