Thumbnailer - creates automaticly thumbnails from videos and tv recordings (1 Viewer)

Do you need a plugin for creating thumbnails?

• Total voters

MoPhat

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2007
    Berg
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I reworking this plugin to work without the ffmpeg.exe and without the filesystemwatcher.

...later more here on this channel :D

MoPhat

jtackabury

Portal Member
    January 10, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I'm looking forward to the new version as well. The current version refuses to generate thumbnails with a custom size, and occasionally causes MediaPortal to freeze. Any estimate on when the new version will be ready? :)

Pascal

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2007
    IJsselmuiden
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for this great plugin.

I have one request, since I read you are rewriting this plugin. With MP1.0 (maybe earlier) recordings are already saved in the default folder as soon as a recording is started. I guess that when a recording starts the Thumbnailer proces sees a new file and tries to proces it. No result, because there is no thumb at the specified time (file is just started). After the recording is finished nothing happens. Only after MP is restarted, the initial scan is making the thumb. Or if I manually change the name (while MP is running), the thumbnailer recognises this and a thumb is created.

So, is it possible that the thumbnailer checks if there is a thumb for a video file once a minute (or adjustable time interval) and if not a thumb will be created? Or look at the file size changing?

Thanks in advance,

Pascal

MoPhat

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2007
    Berg
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    yes, i know that miss-behaviour...:(

In the new version is coming a timer which checks if a new movie is created.

for the moment i testing various thumb creation method, the best one should be to use the internal framework methods - but there are a few problems.

greetz
    MoPhat

jtackabury

Portal Member
    January 10, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I was just wondering if there has been any progress made on the new version? The old version doesn't work for me and my videos look so bare without thumbnails. :(

MoPhat

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2007
    Berg
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    New release and info for creating tv recording thumbs on the first post.

Has anyone a ffmpeg version wheres handle correctly the thumb creation for h264 TS files (HDTV)???

:D
    MoPhat

STuNZ

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 25, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    New release and info for creating tv recording thumbs on the first post.

Has anyone a ffmpeg version wheres handle correctly the thumb creation for h264 TS files (HDTV)???

:D
    MoPhat
    Awsome work on the new version.

I take it you're getting the same grey background when processing h264 TS files I've been getting. I've tried the latest svn of ffmpeg and no joy I'm afraid.

What paremeters are you calling ffmeg with?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom