Thumbnailer - creates automaticly thumbnails from videos and tv recordings (2 Viewers)

Do you need a plugin for creating thumbnails?

• Total voters

diskeeper

Portal Pro
January 5, 2007
Dortmund
Home Country
Germany Germany
vergiss das mit den dll's was ich oben schrieb, hatt sich erledigt
fehler lag bei mir, teilweise.

google:
forget that with the dll's what I wrote above, hätt be done
error was with me, in part.

MoPhat

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2007
    Berg
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    mophat-albums-misc-picture15-itseme.jpg

MoPhat

lecomandant

August 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Is this plugins works with win vista and mediaportal RC2 ? I had tried it several times but i can´t see the thumbnails .... in the order hand with Video_thumbnailer.exe (other plugin) i can see the thumbnails in my media portal (saving thumbnails in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Videos\Title )

why is this possible ?

piranha

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 17, 2005
    I just found today movie thumbnailer (mtn)
    One interesting function it has, it can skip blurred or uninteresting shots, which I get from using your tool.
    I use it with those options:
    mtn -c 1 -r 1 -i -D 6 e:\media\avi\

lecomandant

August 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Thanks, I finaly can view video thumbnails in vista, with the movie thumbnailer(mtn) and media portal, simply creating a cmd:

"C:\Program Files\mtn-200808a-win32\mtn.exe" -i -W -c 1 -r 1 -C 10 -P -o .jpg -O C:\ProgramData\Team" "MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Videos\Title\ E:\
    start /D C:\Program" "Files\Team" "MediaPortal\MediaPortal\ MediaPortal.exe
    exit

this for example loads the dvd(E:\) and save the jpgs thumbs in the hardisk(C:\ProgramData\Team" "MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Videos\Title\), the mtn with the -W param not overwrite the jpgs if alredy exits just update them.

clobber

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2008
    Hey,

Great plug-in and good work!

Question. How can I make the plug-in regenerate thumbnails at a different size? I tried deleting the first ones it created, but it does not generate them again. Basically, I'd like to refresh the thumbs in a directory because the dimensions were not right for my screen.

thanks

MoPhat

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2007
    Berg
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    delete all jpg files in the directory, or check mark the overwrite checkbox ;)

clobber

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2008
    Thanks for the super quick reply.

I did delete all jpgs and clicked on the "overwrite" box. However, that did not regenerate the thumbs. I just get the typical "take board" as the picture. Are the settings stored somewhere that a particular folder has already been processed? Or that certain files have already been processed? I noticed there is also a mpThumbs.db file. Do I need to delete that one?

digitalfm

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2008
    Hi, this works great for me apart from the custom sized thumbs. Small and large works fine, but custom does not create any thumbs. I was trying to use size 200 x 305. Any one else find this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom