Thumbnailer - creates automaticly thumbnails from videos and tv recordings (1 Viewer)

Do you need a plugin for creating thumbnails?

• Total voters

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Nope no error.log, or any seperate log for thumbnailer itself in the docs & settings directory (using xp ;)). That last bit (create sep[erate log file) I kinda expected the "debug" version is supposed to do.

MoPhat

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2007
    Berg
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Your config file looks so:

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <profile>
      <section name="Thumbnailer">
        <entry name="VideoFolderPath">D:\Mijn Video's\Movies</entry>
        <entry name="VideoFolderPath2">
        </entry>
        <entry name="VideoFolderPath3">
        </entry>
        <entry name="VideoFolderPath4">
        </entry>
        <entry name="VideoFolderPath5">
        </entry>
        <entry name="VideoOffset">5</entry>
        <entry name="RecordingsOffset">500</entry>
        <entry name="IncludingSubfolder">no</entry>
        <entry name="createFolderJPG">yes</entry>
        <entry name="OverwriteThumbs">no</entry>
        <entry name="ResX">128</entry>
        <entry name="ResY">128</entry>
    [B][COLOR=red]    <entry name="FileExtensions">avi,mpg,mpeg,divx,xvid,mov,ts</entry>[/COLOR][/B]
        <entry name="InitialScanDelay">0</entry>
        <entry name="ResSelection">
        </entry>
      </section>
    </profile>

Please change this to:
    Code:
    [B][COLOR="Blue"]<entry name="FileExtensions">*.avi,*.mpg,*.mpeg,*.divx,*.xvid,*.mov,*.ts</entry>[/COLOR][/B]

and try it again :p

waiting for feedback, if this works then there is something wrong with saving the config file in the plugin :mad:
    MoPhat

juro

Portal Pro
    March 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Togehter,

same experience than Joz. No changes. Nothing created. No error.log, nothing else in the mp log than I already posted here. My thumbnailer .xml is absolutely ok.

Juro

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hey MoPhat,

Thanks that got me a bit further! I didn't do any proper testing yet but now with the debug version I saw a load of shell windows popping up and in log it tells me it's processing the files but I do not see the screenshots as of yet.
    I hope I can test more properly soon. Again no error.log. Might be some write permission problem.

juro

Portal Pro
    March 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi togehteher,

yes with he debug version some windows pop of and in the same second the are away. MoPaht can you pleases enclude a "pause" that he user has to do a manual step to close them. Maybe we will see someting more then.

Thanks

JuRo

STuNZ

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 25, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm finding that about half the thumbnails work and about half never get created.

I see these errors in my logs...

2009-06-20 19:28:22.762914 [Info.][15]: Thumbnailer: ERROR (TV): Could not find file 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\recordings\Lost - TV2\Lost - - 2009-06-16 - 22_30.jpg'.
    2009-06-20 19:28:23.216039 [Info.][15]: Thumbnailer: ERROR (TV): Could not find file 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\recordings\Lost - TV2\Lost - - 2009-06-17 - 20_30.jpg'.

To me it looks like mtn sometimes fails to create the thumnail so the Thumbernailer plugin then reports this error trying to move the non existent jpg to the recordings folder, and then trys the same thing again 30 minutes later.

It may be something to do with the h.264 .ts files we have in New Zealand which always seem to create weird problems like this. Still the old version used to give weird grey thumbnails. This one looks great when it does create one.

juro

Portal Pro
    March 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi togehter,

ok Stunz is using Xp, I am using Vista. I use thumnailer for creating some video thumbs. I don't use it for tv. I my case nothing happens. I don't get any log and any error in the Mp log. The only version that work is the version from the last year. But with MP 1.0.2 I only see the thumbs which have been created with 1.0.0 or. 1.0.1?! The thumbs created with old pluin in using Mp 1.0.2 are not displayed in MP then.

Very strange!

Juro

MoPhat

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2007
    Berg
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    ok guys, i will redesign some elements of this plugin with a new config section...

so be patient for the next days...

thx
    MoPhat

juro

Portal Pro
    March 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am looking forward to the new version.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MoPhat
    That were the point i mentioned before mtn.exe often crashed / fails to create a thumb. What about using ffmpeg for MPEG2 and only mtn.exe for h264?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom