Thumbnailer - creates automaticly thumbnails from videos and tv recordings (1 Viewer)

Do you need a plugin for creating thumbnails?

• Total voters

thesystemera

Portal Pro
May 26, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hey MoPhat did you consider allowing the column and rows parameters sent, also are you using motion detection and other aspects enabled. This is the line I use in my batch just to give you an idea of what I'm talking about.

MTN.exe -W -c 1 -r 2 -i -b 0.80 -D 6 -t -P -o .jpg

Thanks

kkendall

Portal Pro
April 24, 2007
Gouda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi kkendall,

I think this is no standard plug in. The only thing what is distributed with the standard package is mtn. On the other site I am wondering myself why a general video thumnailer is not integrated in MP?!

JuRo

What do you mean?
'mtn' stands for MovieThumbNailer... This .exe is standard in MP to help create thumbs.
Then what do you mean by 'not standard'? :confused:

juro

Portal Pro
March 23, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi kkendall,

I think this is no standard plug in. The only thing what is distributed with the standard package is mtn. On the other site I am wondering myself why a general video thumnailer is not integrated in MP?!

JuRo

What do you mean?
'mtn' stands for MovieThumbNailer... This .exe is standard in MP to help create thumbs.
Then what do you mean by 'not standard'? :confused:

Hi,

yes, but in standard only thumbnails are generated for tv, pics and music not for video, based on mtn. What do you think is the reason why mophat develops this plugin!

Regards JuRo

kkendall

Portal Pro
April 24, 2007
Gouda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi,

yes, but in standard only thumbnails are generated for tv, pics and music not for video, based on mtn. What do you think is the reason why mophat develops this plugin!

Regards JuRo

Ah, ok, that I didn't know! So this thread isn't about the standard thumbnailcreator! :sorry:

But as I understand it now, when finished this can replace the crashing standard mtn.exe solution that is implemented in MP 1.0.2 right now, right?

juro

Portal Pro
March 23, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,
mmm? I don't know about teh details. When mopaht started to develop this plug he used ffmpeg for generating the thumbs. In the meantime he changed this to mtn. The thumnailer is not mtn alone. There is something around this. This funtionality is the basic idea of this plug in.
I tested now about 4 versions of the "new" plug. Unfortunately no one of this version worked only the initial from the last year based on ffmpeg.

Regards
Juro

MoPhat

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2007
    Berg
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    So V3 is on the first post, please test it and give feedback.

For me is working great > also for h264 and divx videos :D
    Don't forget to update the config settings from the plugin...

thx
    MoPhat

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So V3 is on the first post, please test it and give feedback.

For me is working great > also for h264 and divx videos :D
    Don't forget to update the config settings from the plugin...

thx
    MoPhat

Does this version create thumbs for MPG video files - i.e. those recorded on digital cameras? I'm still using the really old version of this plugin (which works great for me) but having to do my manual work around (posted earlier) to create thumbs for MPG files...

MoPhat

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2007
    Berg
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    It should, just try it and give feedback... on my mpg/mpeg files the thumbs are created.

thx
    MoPhat

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom