Thumbnailer - creates automaticly thumbnails from videos and tv recordings (2 Viewers)

Do you need a plugin for creating thumbnails?

• Total voters

juro

Portal Pro
March 23, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hey mophat,

thanksfor the last version. In the last weeks I tested about 4 versions of your plugin on 3 systems with mpeg, avi. mod, mov. flv videos. The only version which worked in some cases was your first from the last year. The last version again don't work. Again nothing happens on my 3 Systems. Based on the fact that other guys made the same experience I don't think that I made any mistakes. I was wondering that on your system every version runs?!

I come to the conclusion that we are not come to the point here. I would like to recommend a code review. Please post your code.

Hey guys, who can help us here?

Thanks

Juro

kkendall

Portal Pro
April 24, 2007
Gouda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
juro
Do you see a Windows message that says mtn.exe is crashing or do you see nothing at all (no crash message, no info in the logfiles)?
And does it work for you for tv recordings, or for none of your files at all?

If you don't see any crashing message and the plugin works for recordings, than that will be at least a big step forward compared to the mtn.exe solution that is standard for thumbcreation in MP 1.0.2...

PS. what's the perpose of the poll in this thread? :confused:
Offcourse people need a plugin for creating thumbnails at the moment since it is not present in the standard MP 1.0.2 (and does not work for tv recordings).
If the standard 1.0.2 solution worked and it also did for other videofiles, we wouldn't need a plugin...
So it's obvious that a plugin is needed, for now. :)

MoPhat

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2007
    Berg
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Does this plugin work on any system?

I tested this on 3 Vista 32Bit machines (german) without problems(!?)
    I have tested the video and the recording files on the living room MP.

Please post it here...

:D

P.S.
    - The poll was the first time if anyone needs a thumbnailer and after that i created one ;)
    - And the other few, please dont nag here around > If you dont need this plugin so let it... the other can provide more information on the testing os and log files if any thumbnailer entrys are present insite them.

thx
    MoPhat

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sorry man, can only speak for my self. thanks for adding the extra features aswell, look forward to a revised version :)

What logs do you need?

MoPhat

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2007
    Berg
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    The error.log and the mediaportal.log from the log folder should have entries with thumbnailer rows.

thx
    MoPhat

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Nothing in the error.log...

I do have entries saying that it has been activated and that files are being processed, but I can confirm that these files are not being created..

2009-07-07 08:49:50.770960 [Info.][26]: Thumbnailer: Processed: D:\Videos\Unsorted Media\Esoteric 2.flv > Folder: D:\Videos\Unsorted Media\Esoteric 2.jpg

I have heaps of these, but as I said, no files created..

MoPhat

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2007
    Berg
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Ok, i will post in the end of the next week a version with more extensive logging.

greetz
    MoPhat

Neville

Portal Pro
    July 21, 2008
    Hamilton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Does this plugin work on any system?

I tested this on 3 Vista 32Bit machines (german) without problems(!?)
    I have tested the video and the recording files on the living room MP.

Please post it here...

:D

P.S.
    - The poll was the first time if anyone needs a thumbnailer and after that i created one ;)
    - And the other few, please dont nag here around > If you dont need this plugin so let it... the other can provide more information on the testing os and log files if any thumbnailer entrys are present insite them.

thx
    MoPhat

Hi Mophat
    I have tested briefly today and all seem to be working at "first fire up" on the h.264 recordings that I have.
    Win Vista 32 bit and MP1.02:p

When back home in a week can post any log files if you need - but as seems to be weorking fine seems little point.
    Neville

MoPhat

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2007
    Berg
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Thank you Neville, can you test if the video and tv recordings thumbs are generated?

thx
    MoPhat

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom