[Bug] Timeshift repeating on channel change (1 Viewer)

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Romuz,

I'm currently running your TVServer (under RC3) - Any chance of a new compiled version for RC4 (until the RC5 is released which should fix the issue)? :)

Many thanks,

J.

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Hi, this is a binary build against RC4
    + it consists slightly changed algorithm.
    Test it and report back if it works or has any side effects.
    :D

Attachments

• TvServiceRC4.rar
      63.9 KB

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

Upgraded to RC4 and the issue with timeshift/channel change is back (the version for RC3 seemed to work best) :(

I watched a channel, paused it for a few minutes, then changed up (the OSD was overlayed with the previous and new channel name - it was all blurred), the TV picture seemed to hang for a while, then it continued playing from the buffer (not the new channel).

Any chances of a version for RC4 with the functionality/logic/algorithm that was used in the RC3 version?

Thanks,

J.

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country
    Jay_UK
    Can i see logs please?
    it was tested with custom binary?

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

Yep, running your latest file, with RC4.

MePo started in debug mode, selected TV from the menu (TV is configed to autostart)

Watched channel for a few minutes.
    Paused channel
    Changed channel (changed up) without stopping or unpausing previous channel
    The OSD appeared with old and new channel name displayed together (unreadable) and hang for a few seconds
    The screen flicked for a second
    The screen hung for about 5 - 10 seconds
    The original channel started playing again and not the new channel
    If you then do the OSD, it displays the channel details of the new channel, and not the old one that is currently being displayed on the screen.
    I then tried channelup again - OSD changed, TV screen kept playing from the buffer (and not the new channel) - same as above
    Tried channel up again - OSD changed, TV screen kept on original channel, but this time from a different part of the buffer (or the current live broadcast for the very first original channel) - but either way, not the actual channel that I selected.

There is definately something wrong the timeshift buffer handler.... :(

I have attached some logs, hopefully they are ok (usual cavet - ignore any "no-no" software)

Many thanks for looking into this,

J. :D

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'd noticed this issue last night - my first ATSC tuner was recording a program and I was browsing LiveTV on the nest highest priority ATSC tuner. When I pressed the ENTER and picked another channel the buffer began playing from the beginning of the channel I'd just left (of course followed by the new channel - delayed by this offset).

After reading this thread I see you have a patch for RC4 available - I'll load it in tonight and report my multi-ATSC tuner experience!

cfforce

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Romuz, im still using u're modified RC3 version; not tried RC4 yet; but when i want to play a recording; it fails. (it only happens if a program is recorded of the same title/channel multiple times).
    I don't know if it's u're custom RC3 tvservice or global MP related; testing orginal RC3 now.

p.s. using UNC paths, not RTSP

VideoThumbCreator: File \\pan\rec$\MCE\RECORDING\Ben 10_ Alien force 2010-06-01\Ben 10_ Alien force_1.ts not found!
    But the file is in directory: \\pan\rec$\MCE\RECORDING\Cartoon_TCM\Ben 10_ Alien force 2010-06-01\Ben 10_ Alien force_1.ts

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country
    Hi cfforce
    As you can see, paths not the same.
    Something wrong in location. Start a new thread with logs.

There is no changes in recording play part code in that binary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom