[Bug] Timeshift repeating on channel change (1 Viewer)

rmeredit

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 10, 2007
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    I have an idea why it happens...
    Could you all try to reproduce it with provided file and report back.

Hey Romuz,

Unfortunately I can't try this out as my PSU is not doing what a PSU should do, so I'm without TV for the next few days while I wait for a new one to be delivered. :(

I'll follow the bug in Mantis to see what happens, but won't be able to provide any feedback for a week or so.

Cheers,

Rob.

rmeredit

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 10, 2007
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Well, my PSU is once again supplying power (although for how long I don't know!).

I've just tried out Romuz's TVService.exe and the behaviour has changed, but it's still not right. The problem now seems to be limited to those two transponders that my top priority DVB tuners can't tune in, but instead of starting from the start of the timeshift buffer as before, the picture freezes while audio switches to the new channel as you'd expect. Skipping to the end of the timeshift buffer doesn't do anything (since I guess it is, in fact, playing from the livepoint), but the picture remains frozen for what I think is the amount of time that the original channel was playing before changing channels. After a while, the image then goes into fast-forward motion until the video is back in sync with the audio and then playback is fine (until the next channel change).

Cheers,

Rob.

PS - a possible confounding factor is that I've just updated my TV Tuner drivers to the latest version and BIOS too.

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Hi, i have a fresh hot binary for testing ;)
    It have to clear timeshinft if error has happent or continue timeshift if all is ok
    Test both scenarios please.

Test it and reply please.

Attachments

• TvServiceV2.rar
      64.1 KB

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Romuz,

I think your file is corrupt??

Thanks,

J.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

I tried with your file - and its virtually solved the problem. :)

Previously - If I watch a program, then pause it, then change to a new channel - the new channel does not appear for ages - probably while the buffer runs in the background.

New file - If I watch a program, pause it, then change, the new channel is displayed quite quick. Its still no where near as quick as a normal channel change (with no pause), but I no longer have the issue of it playing out the buffer contents when it should be playing the new channel.

I still notice an "overlap/overlay" of the OSD with the old channel name and the new channel name (so its all blurred and unreadable) until the new channel starts playing ok.

I have attached some debug of using your new file with a pause and channel change (ignore any references to "no no" software) ;)

18:33 paused
    18:35 changed channel

18:43 paused
    18:45 changed channel

Cheers,

J. :D

Snader

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 5, 2007
    Aalsmeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks Romuz. Seems to work perfectly for me! Actually I thought the timeshiftbuffer was cleared always when changing channels! :oops:

cfforce

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I found that when using UNC Timeshifting zapping speed feels also faster with the patch from Romuz. (not tested out much, but compared to original tvservice.exe, faster)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom