[Bug] Timeshift repeating on channel change (1 Viewer)

brena

Portal Member
May 24, 2008
Napier, Hawkes Bay
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi, I have noticed this timeshifting bug on my system but also with the behaviour of when starting to timeshift the tv server does not always go to the highest priority card. For example it will choose the DVBS card over the preferred DVBT card - even if the DVBT card is idle - not always, just sometimes. Win7, RC3, latest card drivers. Before going any further do you think this is part of this bug or a perhaps a different one? Thanks!

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Without logs its hard to say whats going on.

brena

Portal Member
    May 24, 2008
    Napier, Hawkes Bay
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Seems I do have the same / similar problem...

I started MP in debug mode, started TV, the channel which started should have been primarily on the DVBT card which is higher priority, but started on the DVBS card. On stopping and starting timeshifting MP started on different cards seemingly in any order regardless of priority. Also early on in the process the same video was seen on 2 channels. Logs attached.

If I can be of any more help please ask. Thanks! Brena

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country
    Yep looks the same. Try with custom tvserver and report back with logs please.
    :D

brena

Portal Member
    May 24, 2008
    Napier, Hawkes Bay
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    With custom TvService.exe the timeshifting repeating on channel change seemed to be fixed - could not make it happen and tried quite a few times.

The issue with card priority remains but now only it seems when fresh starting timeshifting from all cards idle. Start timeshifting on what should be a DVBT priority channel the DVBS starts instead. When changing channel it switches from the DVBS to the DVBT card then appears to use DVBT as it should from that point on. Stop timeshifting then start the DVBS card will go first again.

It seems more predictable with this exe.

Logs attached. Thanks for your help!

fabien44

Portal Pro
    March 12, 2006
    Romuz, i have also this issue, must i install RC4 or install your custom tvserver? If i install RC4, i guess i will not allow to replace new tvserver with yours.

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country
    Definetely you have to use RC4
    If you install RC4, you must not use custom tvserver.

If issue does not disappear then report back.

fabien44

Portal Pro
    March 12, 2006
    Strange because this issue is planned for RC5, not in RC4.
    The DVB-T tune issue solved in RC4 is related to a signal lost when changing channel, not a timeshifting playback again.

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country
    Timeshift repitting is a bug which is planned for RC5
    But thing which triggrs it for some users with dvbt tuning problems has been fixed in RC4.
    If you part of em then this bug just is not being triggered, if your problem not related to dvbt issue then you continue getting this bug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom