Tools and other software tinyMediaManager - The Media Manager for MediaPortal (Win/Mac/Linux) (1 Viewer)

mlaggner

Portal Pro
September 23, 2013
Home Country
Austria Austria
@Dadeo what about splitting the cast panel into 2 panels? Crew (containing director/write as actual and the producers as list) and a tab called actors?

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Just a couple more questions ;)

I appreciate that you display spoken language(s) grabbed rather than just the audio stream (since MediaInfo only reports the main language even if other languages are spoken). But I can't find the spoken languages in the NFO file - is it stored? Can it be? I would have preferred it was consistent with the language for audio streams, rather than the two digit ISO language code (e.g. 'en' vs 'English') since I haven't memorized all the ISO codes yet ;) but it's a minor point.

When I minimize the window, the cover and backdrop images resize nicely, but the logo images don't, so they end up quite big:
    Capture.JPG

Will that be fixed with the changes to scaling in r1185?

Where are the logo images stored? Is it possible for me to overwrite them with my own logo images if I use the same file names?

FYI, I am trying to get the MyFilms NFO (EMM) scraper to work nicely for TMM as well. You don't need the MP NFO format for MyFilms, it uses the XMBC format.

mlaggner

Portal Pro
    September 23, 2013
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    @Aros62 feel free to create an export template ;) an user created a wiki for creating tmm-export templates (https://code.google.com/p/tinymediamanager/wiki/ExportTemplates). Unfortunately we do not have any free resources for this task at the moment - but this could create everyone with a little html/css experience ;)

@Dadeo sure I can put the spoken languages also into the NFO. But in which "language" should I store the language? :D German or Deutsch; English or Englisch? every language has a different way to be written in different languages.. that's why we use iso codes :)
    In r1185 only scaling factors of the different screens changed (you can shrink tmm down to 1000x700 to fit on smaller screens - but I warn you: it's ugly this small :D). At the moment we do not have any scaling implemented for the logos - they are fixed size. And they are packaged into resources.jar - it is not exchangeable, because it will get overwritten when a new resources.jar is published.. we may remove them in future versions, because they don't give a real benefit to the UI. See a new screenshot of the redesigned tv shows section
    tv_show.png

here you see the difference to the actual version. Our decision was based on the following fact: there are so many genres that you can't remember all images without any text on it. So we put the genres-text to a place where it is always visible and dropped the images

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    But in which "language" should I store the language? German or Deutsch; English or Englisch? every language has a different way to be written in different languages.. that's why we use iso codes
    I thought the data was scraped? If so, I would expect it to display the same as the 'source' - e.g. if IMDb - "English, German" (because language data is not localized), if TMDb "English, Deutsch" (as per API - spoken_languages "name"). I do appreciate you trying to 'standardize' the data regardless of the source, but you have already' 'standardized' the languages in TMM that display in both UL language and scraper 'Preferred Language'. And you don't use ISO codes for audio language - so I found it a bit confusing. However, I would be happy if you just 'store' the same data (i.e. ISO code) that displays in the spoken languages field in TMM to NFO. ;)

Thanks for the info about scaling - looks good! (y)

there are so many genres that you can't remember all images without any text on it.
    I know! And I keep finding another one that doesn't have a logo ;) Sadly there aren't really any 'standardized' logo/icons for genres, so they aren't that visually recognizable/helpful. And logos with English text are not localized while the Genre data/text may be. So I can totally understand your decision to remove them.

However, I find the display of media info and certification logos helpful, though a bit over-sized compared to watched and 'play' icons and other images. But that's a minor point. I think TMM is excellent and I hope you keep up the great work!

mlaggner

Portal Pro
    September 23, 2013
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    after 1,5 months and about 200 commits we are proud to announce

tinyMediaManger v2.5

Changes:
    feature: completely reworked the TV show panel (including a new panel for seasons - http://www.tinymediamanager.org/index.php/reworked-tv-show-section/ )
    feature: completely reworked the (movie) filter panel and added a filter panel for TV shows (see http://www.tinymediamanager.org/index.php/filter_panels/ )
    feature: added movie filters: datasource, missing metadata, missing artwork, missing subtitles, new movies
    feature: added TV show filters: datasource, cast member, missing metadata, missing artwork, missing subtitles, new episodes
    feature: added possibility to hide several columns in the movie table
    feature: experimental support for AniDB scraper
    feature: added fanart.tv for TV shows
    feature: added imdb top 250
    feature: added producers
    feature: added an ASCII cleaner for the renamer
    feature: added "bad words" to the movie importer
    feature: possibility to get the runtime from media files rather than scraper
    feature: added some settings for the TV show renamer
    feature/fix: reworked tagging of TV shows and episodes
    fix: many enhancements to the "update datasources" and database engine -> tmm is much faster now with large databases
    fix: some fixes and preventions to the "update datasources" engine
    fix: many memory optimizations (tmm now uses less memory)
    fix: when renaming an actor, the actor thumb also gets renamed
    fix: several issues/problems with the renamer
    fix: artwork naming for DVD/BR images
    fix: adapted scaling factor of the tmm window - now it should fit on lower screens nicely
    fix: crash at startup with invalid locales
    fix: crash when searching for a movie set is fixed with themoviedbapi 3.9
    fix: NFO parsing of xbmc-youtube plugin urls
    fix: externalized some more string (better translations)
    fix: several fixes to the TV show renamer
    translations: added spain (thx to roliverosc), italian (thx to peppe_sr), korean (thx to piodio), norwegian (thx to roandr); completed fr (thx to nerve)

thx to all who helped us for this version!

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks for Producers (y) - looks great! Are they written to nfo? I can't see them.
    Now, how do I update all movies to just add Producers? There isn't an option in Movie settings > scraper defaults to update 'Crew'. IIUC I can still choose 'Cast' to update Crew as well right?

feature: added imdb top 250
    Where? I can't find it in movies GUI. Only in 'Edit Movie'.

EDIT: OK found it after 'votes' at the top - only displays if movie is in top 250 DUH, I feel dumb :)

Last edited:

mlaggner

Portal Pro
    September 23, 2013
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Yes, cast and crew runs in the same logic (didn't separate them). If you want to update also the producers, just update the cast.
    Atm it is not being written to the NFO (I did not know how to put them in and I forgot to ask :D)

Top250 is a bit hidden ;) I thought it is better to display it when needed rather than display an empty metadata for most of the other movies ;)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Atm it is not being written to the NFO (I did not know how to put them in and I forgot to ask )
    IMO the most flexible way is to make <credits> the same as <actor> - i.e. with sub fields/tags for <name> and <role> which would allow you to add <thumb> in future if you want, and would allow you to distinguish the role for writer (or other crew if grabbed in future) as well. But I don't know how easy it is for you to do that.

Top250 is a bit hidden I thought it is better to display it when needed rather than display an empty metadata for most of the other movies
    I agree, I don't like displaying useless labels when there is no data. Maybe Joostzilla will find a way to make it more obvious in the new design. ;)

mlaggner

Portal Pro
    September 23, 2013
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    14.01.2014 - version 2.5.1
    x fixed a problem where mediainfo could not be loaded
    x fixed a database loading problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom