Tools and other software tinyMediaManager - The Media Manager for MediaPortal (Win/Mac/Linux) (4 Viewers)

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    1. where exactly do you want to see that? in the tmm UI or written to the season folders?
    Mainly in the TV Series - there are many warning triangles for the images missing - though it might be an option...
    I've put that to the todos - but since there are not that much different images as in movies, there is not such a big need for it (but much work..) -> low prio
    Understood - but on an artwork refresh it will happily download very low res as a preference...

mlaggner

Portal Pro
    September 23, 2013
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Version 2.9.17
    =======================
    x fixed artwork loading from TVDB
    x fixed IMDB id lookup for TV shows (to provide more artwork for TV scraping)
    x fixed AniDb caching issues (to prevent getting banned - thx @soywiz)
    x fixed displaying of foreign certifications in the movie/TV show editor
    x fixed writing TV nfo files (episodesguide for TVDB)

mlaggner

Portal Pro
    September 23, 2013
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    After several years of development we are proud to announce

tinyMediaManager v3

available at tinyMediaManager.

key changes are:
    • completely rewritten UI (thx to @joostzilla)
      • new style and layout (better usage of the available space especially for low screen devices)
      • flexible and configurable tables
      • improved filters (inclusive and exclusive filters)
      • better UI scaling on high dpi screens
    • added a dark theme
    • completely rewritten the renamer engine
    • completely rewritten NFO parsing and writing (much more flexible now)
    • easier translation via weblate.org now
    • increased required Java version to Java 8+
    • ability to mix in/search for missing episodes
    • presets in settings for common media centers
    • many enhancements under the hood
    since many things have changed, you are not able to directly upgrade from an existing v2 version of tinyMediaManager! tinyMediaManager v2 offers you a guided upgrade to v3 (automatic download/patch and an automatic migration of your data source), but you have to re-set all your other settings.

Please report any issues/feature requests at this subforum or at our project home.

Hawkeye

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2005
    Halle (Saale)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you @mlaggner for the new version. But I have an issue: the series "Extras" is not found. I assume it has something to do with the VIDEO_EXTRA handling - especially line 312ff. For the sake of completeness my file structure: \\Serien\[series title]\S[season number]\E[episode number].

smarty12345

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2011
    United Kingdom
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    I have been using V3 for a few days now and for the most part it works awesome.
    The only thing of note, which doesn't really bother me but could be worth mentioning.
    When Scraping TV Show Artwork, there Seems to be no issues with getting artwork for the main Series data. But Sub season artwork, (posters, banners, thumbs etc) are not being found or populated despite at least some of the artwork being available either on fanart.tv or thetvdb.
    eg: last night I added Chernobyl. It added the main season poster and banner and clear art. In this instance it didn't find the season 1 poster from fanart.tv on its own but it did show up in the search when double clicked on the season 1 poster selection. It did not however find any banner art. So I used the url from the main series data to download the artwork.
    I don't know if its a keyword issue where if it doesn't specifically state "season 1" it doesn't list it.
    I have had similar issues with a few other series too, but unfortunately I wasn't keeping track. I was just downloading and adding the art manually.
    I do recall issues with the art for the series "V". It had trouble getting the art for the original mini-series and the final battle, But I think that could be to do with the way thetvdb class them as specials when really should be separate season.... so that may be a red herring..

mlaggner

Portal Pro
    September 23, 2013
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    12.06.2018 - Version 3.0.1
    =======================
    x fixed Fanart.tv reading personal clientKey
    x fixed Fanart.tv using TMDB id fallback
    x fixed TvShow exporter naming pattern #525
    x fixed TvShow renamer (Synology TvShow metadata overwriting videos) #527
    x fixed scraping of episode cast with IMDB
    x fixed displaying of episode director/writers in the episode editor
    x fixed downloading of season artwork #522
    x removed VIDEO_TS/BDMV NFO styles (integrated these into the other two styles)
    x updated JNA and libmediainfo
    x do not print "Unknown" for empty media sources
    x fixed artwork fetching with tvdb and removed bad thumb urls from the DB (you may need to re-write your NFO files)
    x fixed occasional Java crashes on OSX
    x fixed occasional error popup on start of tinyMediaManager

sridharb

Portal Pro
    October 13, 2007
    Home Country
    India India
    Hi,

Updated to 2.9.17.1. Started facing the LoadLibrary 87 error. Updated to latest java. Updated to v3. Doesn't help. When it goes to update mediainfo, it encounters this error and closes.

I see that you have recommended updating AMD drivers. My AMD setup is really old. AMD has stopped updating drivers for my graphics card. I don't think this is the problem.

You have mentioned that it is in the mediainfo DLL. I feel that this is the root of the problem. This, of course, is the most important function of the TMM (my opinion) and it needs a workaround/fix.

Please help.

mlaggner

Portal Pro
    September 23, 2013
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    sorry, that is nothing _we_ can do..
    this issue has been around for ages and every time AMD driver were the root of this issue..

sridharb

Portal Pro
    October 13, 2007
    Home Country
    India India
    But my point is, why is it happening now with TMM and not in the couple of years that I have been using it?

mlaggner

Portal Pro
    September 23, 2013
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I cant tell you, why this is happening for you now.. but I am aware of this issue for a few years now and every few months a new user arrives with that issue..
    Just try to Google how to fix this (this is basically the same I do) - maybe there is another solution working for you..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom