tinyMediaManager - The Media Manager for MediaPortal (Win/Mac/Linux) | Page 28

Discussion in 'Tools and other software' started by mlaggner, September 25, 2013.

1. SpudR
    • Team MediaPortal

SpudR Documentation Group

CTO, MD
    Ratings:
    +668 / 2
    Home Country:
    England England
    Show System Specs
    Thank you for the continuing development of this :)

3-0 Snapshot - Version 2019-02-19- 00:25
    Date added column does not respect date format
    Windows localisation set to UK - date format dd/mm/yyyy - TMM format mm/dd/yy

Makes sorting the column fail - I think it's sorting as a numerical column not as a date column?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mlaggner

mlaggner Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +207 / 0
    Home Country:
    Austria Austria
    @SpudR sorry, I've missed your messages from begin of february (the mail notification probably did not work and I visit this forum only for publishing new releases :D)
    I hope to process all your points soon - need a little tmm break now (has been a busy time the last month with the structual changes of tmm).
    But according to the date: we have no hard coded date style - we take the style which has been set in the java runtime. BUT: we set the language at the start (e.g. I use tmm in EN whereas my System is DE). Maybe this has an impact to the date format.
    But the sorting is done via plain date object (independed to the display format) - this must work!

4. SpudR
    • Team MediaPortal

CTO, MD
    Ratings:
    +668 / 2
    Home Country:
    England England
    Show System Specs
    Lol
    No worries - just pointing out my observations :)
    And no rush - these are not mega important things...

Your point about setting the language would make sense - I use English, but I'm in the UK so I guess English would be US English hence the incorrect date format - when you're back at it can you add an option for UK English to the language options.

As for the sorting - it seems that it's working again after an update - nothing to worry about there :)

Don't forget about the 'Original Title' column doesn't sort...

Last edited: February 26, 2019
  5. mlaggner

mlaggner Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +207 / 0
    Home Country:
    Austria Austria
  6. mlaggner

mlaggner Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +207 / 0
    Home Country:
    Austria Austria
    @SpudR I've just had a look at your date formatting request:
    Java handles date formatting primary via the set locale (which is the same as the UI language), and secondary via country (which we do not set except for br_BR/br_PT)

I can offer you to create a new translation for tmm: British English (en_GB) which _should_ set the right locale when loaded.. Just need a translator for that too...
    benefit: you can also change US-English words to their British counterparts :D

what do you think of that solution?

7. mlaggner

mlaggner Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +207 / 0
    Home Country:
    Austria Austria
    well, i just saw, that the format of enGB is different, but not in the form you have in your windows settings!
    tbh Java is platform independent and cannot read your windows settings (which is a platform dependency).. I do not know how difficult it would be to make date string be rendered platform dependent.. would that be worth the time invested?

8. SpudR
    • Team MediaPortal

CTO, MD
    Ratings:
    +668 / 2
    Home Country:
    England England
    Show System Specs
    Not sure what solution you came up with but it seems to be working perfectly :)
    THANK YOU!!!!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!