Titanium Extended (1 Viewer)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The problem is that we would need to change the BV model for this. It would affect all themes. Is this worth the effort?
    I can not answer this ;) I don't know how much effort is behind this. For me it's not critical, but of course it would look better, if not always something is popping up :cool: I leave it up to you to decide.

Edit:
    Once the menu can also work well with mouse, I'd like to also see how other skins can benefit from it. Every safed press/click is beneficial.

Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    TV
    Recordings
    recording_titanium.jpg

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The problem is that we would need to change the BV model for this. It would affect all themes. Is this worth the effort?
    I can not answer this ;) I don't know how much effort is behind this. For me it's not critical, but of course it would look better, if not always something is popping up :cool: I leave it up to you to decide.

Edit:
    Once the menu can also work well with mouse, I'd like to also see how other skins can benefit from it. Every safed press/click is beneficial.

I was thinking about this a bit. Why not taking the advantages of the new slide-out menus also to other BV themes.
    Currently the main problem of TE is, that the slide-out menus can not be used by mouse (at least it's veeery difficult), but for a time I had both menus is parallel with TE and it's possible to have the same menu based on old model (dialog windows) and new model (sliding out).

• The current Menu and Power Buttons could be kept for mouse usages (and keyboard / remote)
    • The Slide-out Menus could be added additonally and can be quickly accessed by remote or keyboard (enabled=!IsMouseUsed)
    It's somehow a win/win situation. Mouse-users are happy and remote / keyboard users are happy, because currently it's partly inconvenient to reach both buttons, there are lot of feedbacks in this direction. Visually only a small indicator is enough, it woun't disturb anything. Coming back to the quotation: It makes sense to overwork the new model, if the idea is likable.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I just found an issue for mouse users: in the TE theme you can't leave dialogs, there is no "close" button and the "closing by clicking outside dialog" is not implemented there.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I just found an issue for mouse users: in the TE theme you can't leave dialogs, there is no "close" button and the "closing by clicking outside dialog" is not implemented there.
    Yes, I'm aware of that. TE is not yet optimized and also not really intended for "mouse only" users. I do not like "close" buttons very much and also you can not yet open the menus well by mouse. The benefit of TE is clearly the fast navigation with remote and keyboard.
    Remarks:
    • The skin is optimized for keybooard and remote usage, there can be problems with mouse
    "closing by clicking outside dialog" is not implemented there
    Can this be integrated? If yes is there an example I can take as base?

When taking the slide-out menus to other BV themes there won't be a problem
    The Slide-out Menus could be added additonally and can be quickly accessed by remote or keyboard (enabled=!IsMouseUsed)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think I completely misunderstood your post :ROFLMAO: I got "dialog" as "menu", so forget my comments ;)
    Just the last question is still valid:
    Can it be implemented or does it mean it's not possible yet?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom