Too much memory usage w/Fanarts (1 Viewer)

NikeNeGerek

Portal Pro
October 21, 2008
Istanbul
Home Country
Turkey Turkey
Hi,

After 10 minutes of MP usage, memory usage is constantly increases, with every different fanart and backdrops. I dont know it is skin related or a problem of MP itself.

I'm using custom backdrops, 1920x1080 px with sizes are about 1.5-2MB each.

I attached a screenshot of mem usage after 10 minutes.

Attachments

• sc.GIF
    sc.GIF
    390.7 KB

solis66

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Yes, i'm wondering too...
    I pointed the background image folder for movies to the Moving Pictures backdrops folder and the same for TV-Series.
    At every change of background picture the memory usage increases with 5-10 Mb until there is no free RAM left (if there is many pictures), and never released. This memory is not occupied my MP but allocated memory is still increasing according to task manager until the computer is running out of RAM (2G
    This seems related to the skins that use multi-images.

Otherwise it's nice to cycle through backddrops for alll movies, but now it can not be done yet.

happy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2009
    Explorer :D
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    try a different skin, here's my readout using tv series fanart HTPC must of been on for about 2 maybe 2.5 hours

Attachments

• 2009-04-24_220842.jpg
      2009-04-24_220842.jpg
      296.8 KB

solis66

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Well, I like StreamedMP.
    As a test I added 75 fanarts to the folder which BasicHome uses for multi-images. In less than an hour the total memory usage of my computer increased from 1000 MB to over 2300, a little bit at a time every 30 seconds, and still rising.
    I'm not sure if multi images are to be used that way, but it would be nice if they did.
    See the screenshots of taskmanager.
    View attachment 39443 View attachment 39444

NikeNeGerek

Portal Pro
    October 21, 2008
    Istanbul
    Home Country
    Turkey Turkey
    Well, as far as i love this skin, i'll go for another skin if this 'error' continues. Sometimes my htpc just locks and i suspect this is the reason.

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It's not the skin, it's MP. At least in some places it is.
    The My videos and My music fanart hack is a hack thru skinfiles and is not being handled correctly within MP.
    That's how streamedMP basichome is been handled. It can't cope to well with too much images and loads them over and over into memory.

The multiimage control is just not that good at cleaning up after itself :)

happy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2009
    Home Country
    thats strange i've never come across this problem before, so how many of you guys have suffered from this then?

NikeNeGerek

Portal Pro
    October 21, 2008
    Istanbul
    Home Country
    Turkey Turkey
    I was using Aeon before this skin, which i can use custom images. I've downloaded XFace and Black&White but they dont use this images i think.

Which skins use custom backdrops? I'll try them and see if error continues.

It's not the skin, it's MP. At least in some places it is.
    The My videos and My music fanart hack is a hack thru skinfiles and is not being handled correctly within MP.
    That's how streamedMP basichome is been handled. It can't cope to well with too much images and loads them over and over into memory.

The multiimage control is just not that good at cleaning up after itself :)

Hmm,:rolleyes:

If it is not skin related, where can i address this issue then? MP support itself?

happy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2009
    Home Country
    well if it helps im using the xfactor skin with Aeon basic home mod using ~500 images rotating everyone 10 seconds and ill post a screenshot of taskmanger once my htpc has been on for an hour or so

edit:

its been on for roughly an hour thats the taskmanager readout

Attachments

• 2009-04-27_094527.jpg
      2009-04-27_094527.jpg
      270.8 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom