Too much memory usage w/Fanarts (1 Viewer)

NikeNeGerek

Portal Pro
October 21, 2008
Istanbul
Home Country
Turkey Turkey
So, it seems to be a skin problem. I've opened a bug report at google code. It seems there is no problem with that but I'll try X-Factor and make sure of it.

Hope this will be fixed soon.

Thanks.

NikeNeGerek

Portal Pro
October 21, 2008
Istanbul
Home Country
Turkey Turkey
I don't think that is the problem. Although i've installed TV-Server, i don't use my HTPC to watch tv. But i'll check it anyway, thanks.

By the way, are you using custom backdrops?

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I don't think that is the problem. Although i've installed TV-Server, i don't use my HTPC to watch tv. But i'll check it anyway, thanks.

By the way, are you using custom backdrops?

Yeps, got about 10/15 .png files in every section and i've made seperate backdrop folders for TV-Series & MovingPictures.

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok, I was wrong because I've been noticing this behaviour too.

To any of you who have this issue, I have some questions;

1) What kind of compression is used for your graphics, I use jpeg mostly, although MP seems to like PNG for whatever reason? Cause?
    2) How many images are we talking about? For me it's a couple of hundred
    3) What skins do you use and which skin causes the issue? I've noticed it so far in streamedMP, will check others
    4) Do you use TV server? Which DB backend - mysql or mssql - do you use? I do not think this is related, just to be thorough. I use MSSQL but it's on my server, I tested this on a client.
    5) Do you have native resolution images (the same res. as you tv set) or are they bigger / smaller or combined. For me it's combined, full-hd images and also hd-ready images.
    6) Do you use a custom path for the multiimages? That is, not some directory in the animations folder? I do, it's pointing @ moving pictures backdrop etc.

Answering these questions might get us to see some kind of common ground. If you have anymore to add to this list feel free to post 'em. I think this is the best way to figure this out, more controlled.
    Just dropping this as a bugreport might not be picked up by MP dev crew because the cause is not that clear and it does not seem to happen for everyone. Besides that the crew would need a way to reproduce the issue.

happy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2009
    Explorer :D
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    1) i use jpg
    2) ~ 500 images, mixture of TV series fanart and Moving Pictures backdrops
    3) i only use X-Factor
    4) I dont use TV server or internal TV
    5) well most of my images are 1080, but a few are 720
    6) i use custom path's my databases and log files thumbs and cache are on a different physical disk

images rotate every 10 seconds

solis66

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    1) Mostly jpg:s downloaded by TV-Series and MovingPictures
    2) ~ 75 in TV-Series fanart folder and ~100 in Moving Pictures backdrop folder
    3) StreamedMP
    4) I dont use TV server or internal TV
    5) Not being at my computer now I would guess a mix between 1080 and 720
    6) Custom path's to MovingPictures backdrop folder and TV-Series fanart folder.

I rotate the images every 20 seconds I think.
    For me this happens when I'm in BasicHome. Switch view and the memory is released and starts over when I go back to BasicHome. It's not so much the MediaPortal memory usage that increases but the system memory that gets allocated.

When I removed the references to the multiimages for each category and replaced them with "static" background (image control) in BasicHome the problem was gone, so I suspect some memory handling problem with multiimages.
    Hope this helps.

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi solis66,

I have looked at the multiimage part of StreamedMP and see that it has animations. Could this be the thing causing the problem?

Anyone using the streamedmp could try to change these lines for every occurance in multiimage parts;
    <animation effect="fade" start="200" end="0" time="500">WindowClose</animation>
    <animation effect="fade" start="0" end="100" time="350">VisibleChange</animation>
    change to;
    <!--
    <animation effect="fade" start="0" end="100" time="350">VisibleChange</animation>
    -->

I have not tested because I don't have streamedmp installed anymore but see if it helps.

cheers
    cul8er

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    :D cul8er I'll check it out tonight. Hoping it works, will miss the nice fading but I can live with that. Would be a strange fix though :)

solis66

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi cul8er
    change to;
    <!--
    -->
    Now i've tried to comment out the fade lines. It didn't do any difference, not even remove the fading between image transitions.
    I even tried to set <fadetime>800</fadetime> value to 0. This removed the fading but no change in memory usage.
    It still eats the memory.
    Sorry, no luck here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom