Touchscreen LCD display Plugin (1 Viewer)

Tainted

Portal Member
February 12, 2007
Hi everyone,

I recently bought the Moneual 932 case. On paper it looked great but when you break it all down the LCD is probably pointless yet can be so much more. The standard iMon looks alright but doesnt show any movie info.

I found cybrmage's TouchScreen plugin yesterday and would like to thank him for his efforts. So I was wondering are there any plans to move to a skin based theme for the TouchScreen output and then perhaps plugins that can be added for various information to be feed to the display. Ironically a retro display mimicking a VFD would look good.

I'd only ever use the remote to control it but then for music the LCD would be nice. And to display video info, equilizer, volume etc.. would be nice.

Only had my case since Saturday (4days) so still playing around with it.

Cheers

mtjoernelund

Portal Pro
April 28, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi, i'm also using this plugin on my Zalman HD160XT case. It works ok but after resuming from "Standby" the touchscreen does not display anymore the plugin... only the windows wallpaper background. Primary (TV) screen will continue to display Mediaportal.

When restarting Mediaportal the touchscreen plugin comes back to live... The error only happen when entering and resuming from standby mode.

When I first installed the plugin this diden't give my any problems since i restart mediaportal on resume, and this made the plugin start as well. However reacently the plugin will not start on resume, even though I restart MP on resume. Only way is to shut down MP and start it again manually.

Anybody got an idea why this happens.

One other thing is, I've noticed, that sometimes the display does not update the informations e.g. when going to another channel or the curently playing tv-show ends and another starts. Any solution to this?

siGGi_

Portal Member
September 22, 2008
clone mode: 2 different resolutions and 2 different aspect ratios?

Hi guys,

I'm planning my HTPC and read about this fantastic plugin for MediaPortal. I want to control the HTPC via a touchscreen and like the idea of the clone mode. My question: how does the plugin behave, when I have, in addition to different resolutions, different aspect ratios of the screens? My TV is 16:9 (1920x1080) and the touchscreen is likely to be 4:3 (1024x768). What does the plugin do with these circumstances?

NickKnat

Portal Member
October 1, 2008
First Thanks to Cybrmage,

that iis a really great plugin !!!!!!!!!

I use it with an OrigenAE S21T -> Touchscreen as Primary Screen in 1280* 768 with 198 DPI (Vista Home Premium) and a second 46 '' Monitor at 1920 * 1080 (not !! in Clone mode).

Buttons are a little bit low, but I think that is beacause I use a large type with 198 DPI.

There is a little Problem with mouse cursor because this always is visible on on the second (big 1920 * 1080) screen . Is there a way to make mouse cursor invisible?

Thanks for help

NickKnat

Fatboysec

Portal Member
March 28, 2008
Antwerp
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Matthew,

Where you able to solve the problem with the high CPU load (50%). I have the same problem. I stops when I disable the plugin but I would rather not do that. The system becomes fully loaded when I watch a movie with ffdshow optimalisations enabled.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Bart

PussyWagon

Portal Pro
August 2, 2008
Matthew,

Where you able to solve the problem with the high CPU load (50%). I have the same problem. I stops when I disable the plugin but I would rather not do that. The system becomes fully loaded when I watch a movie with ffdshow optimalisations enabled.

Regards,

Bart

Im also having this isue, 50% CPU load... :(
Anybody know how to fix this? Have you find any solution for it yet Fatboysec?

Fatboysec

Portal Member
March 28, 2008
Antwerp
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Matthew,

Regards,

Bart

Im also having this isue, 50% CPU load... :(
Anybody know how to fix this? Have you find any solution for it yet Fatboysec?
Nope. It just switch it off (and I really didn't want to but had no other choice).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom