Touchscreen LCD display Plugin (2 Viewers)

nip.nyborg

Portal Pro
January 12, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
This is a great plugin, just what I needed for a small control-screen, for music and radio when the TV is off.
I tryed it on 2 xp computers, server-client and a client in cloned dispay mode.
Unfortunately I also experiencing high cpu usage, witch makes it unusable.
I realy hope someone will try to fix and develop on this great plugin.

Slurm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 16, 2006
    Graz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I have 2 questions:

1. Is cybrmage still active in this forum?

2. Can I use the "new Mini Display Plugin" with a second display? If so, how?

bitbucket

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 19, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    when you read the last posts of cybrmage in this thread it seems very likely that he dropped development. it sounds a bit like 'take it as it is and don't bother me anymore ...' :(

xppx

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    That's a bit of a shame because it could have been taken a lot further than it currently stands :(

PussyWagon

Portal Pro
    August 2, 2008
    Yepp, i do agree!
    I guess the source code of this project isnt available for others to development?

The problem with high CPU usage is for me the "only?" problem as this make it impossible to use CLONE mode which is the feature I want to use with my projection screen and my touch panel. One guess how he has made this CLONE mode to work is that its just "PRINT SCREEN" every seconds or so and then a image viewer window thats register mouse click and sends it back to mediaportal. Thats why I think its using very high CPU usage?? Right or wrong, I dont know.... its just a guess! :)

Althought this is a very nice plugin, and with just some finetuning and perhaps some extra feature this would have been even better and useable for many of us here! Dont you guys know any other programmer who could help us with this? Maybe a new plugin, or if the source code for this project is available only a further completition of this plugin.

Slurm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 16, 2006
    Graz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I guess the source code of this project isnt available for others to development?

Use Reflector to get the source of this dll.

I have posted a request in the new Mini Display Plugin Thread to join forces and maybe someone can help out to solve at least the problem with the high cpu usage.

A second display (monitor) is sufficient to test this plugin so there's no need for special hardware (the touchscreen part should work with mouse clicks too).

PussyWagon

Portal Pro
    August 2, 2008
    Well done! Im going to follow that thread instead as this thread seems to be dead! :(
    Hope you other guys is doing the same and posting your opinions and ideas as it has to be convinced that there is a interest for this usage...

Slurm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 16, 2006
    Graz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I've done a little research on the topic of high cpu and modified the dll so the cpu is now significantly lower (I'm not experienced in c# but I managed to go through).

It's compiled against the latest svn, but should work with any newer version. Please give feedback if everything works as it should.

As it's cybrmages work I'm not sure if I can post it, but I think all of you should test it and give response if it works now. If it's not okay for me to post his work, please let me know.

Slurm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 16, 2006
    Graz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Attachments

• touchscreenplugin.jpg
      touchscreenplugin.jpg
      358.5 KB

Users who are viewing this thread