Touchscreen LCD display Plugin (1 Viewer)

gizzard

Portal Member
January 14, 2007
Home Country
Iceland Iceland
Hi.

I am using ipaq as an external touchscreen with sidewindow, but sidewindow set´s the res at 1280x1024 and display virtual res at 1024x768.

Here is the prob. Touchscreen plugin thinks the screen is at 1280x1024 but it´s really at 1024x768. is there any way to trick touchscreen plugin to take the virtual res insted of the fixed one?

Is there any way to tell touchsreen plugin what res my screen is at?

fredflintstone

Portal Pro
November 30, 2004
Slurm:

Nice work and many thanks, but in my opinion some features are not worked correctly:

1. The clone mode shows the manual control window on start up for a few seconds and switch then to clone MP, not very pretty :(
2. In clone mode the buttons in MP doesn't work on the touch screen to control MP, why?
3. The refresh rate for fullscreen video and tv is very low, the video is refreshed every two seconds, not in realtime.

4. In normal mode the actual background of the selected MP screen should be used, for a more harmonized integration.
5. Further the grapics for controls (in normal mode) have a very poor quality :(, this does not look good as well.
6. The text and fonts should be centered and not left aligned to use the whole screen in a better look and feel.

Happy new year!

zz5

Portal Pro
November 29, 2008
VS
Home Country
Germany Germany
You have to use the clone mode of your graphics card, the mode inside mp works very slow...

Slurm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 16, 2006
    Graz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    @Slurm:

Nice work and many thanks, but in my opinion some features are not worked correctly:

1. The clone mode shows the manual control window on start up for a few seconds and switch then to clone MP, not very pretty :(
    2. In clone mode the buttons in MP doesn't work on the touch screen to control MP, why?
    3. The refresh rate for fullscreen video and tv is very low, the video is refreshed every two seconds, not in realtime.

4. In normal mode the actual background of the selected MP screen should be used, for a more harmonized integration.
    5. Further the grapics for controls (in normal mode) have a very poor quality :(, this does not look good as well.
    6. The text and fonts should be centered and not left aligned to use the whole screen in a better look and feel.

Happy new year!

Happy new year, too, to all of you!

First, to make it clear I'm not the author of this plugin. I only tried to help out with the annoying problem of high cpu usage (and here only for normal mode not for clone mode).

1., 2.: Don't know what to do here.
    3.: This is because it uses your cpu and not gpu to render the second screen ( a really, really high end pc should help, but that should not be the solution).

4., 5.: Take a look at the xml that's been generated in your configuration folder, you can do a lot of customization there.
    6.: I think left aligned is better for text that can scroll, but that's just my personal opinion. Oh, and there's no way to change this within the xmls.

You have to use the clone mode of your graphics card, the mode inside mp works very slow...

This works for a lot of screen resolutions and refresh rates but not for all. Especially hard to do with different resolutions.

@slurm:

I still owe you my feedback on your recompiled plugin. Tested today with MP 1.0 final and works great - no cpu load. I will keep it running.

Many Thanks,
    bitbucket

:D

Great to hear (read:)).

mtjoernelund

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Slurm
    Also tried your updatede dll. However I did not suffer from very high cpu-load earlier on, but evens so it still gave me a nice decrease in cpu so very positive there Thx!!!

More generally I'd say that I have some understanding for Cybrmage. If you look earlier on in this thread there have been made som very stupid (sorry) comments and shown very little appreciation for the nice work. Not the best way to promote more development anywhere.

That beeing said I also think that this plugin could stand further development even though it serves my basic needs as is. Especialy I agree that the posibility to configure the look and feel of the touchscreen would be a very welcome improvement. Both in regards to useability and in regards to looks. I know about the posibilities when editing the xml-file, but that doesen't give me the posibility of changing the amount of info on the screen, the placement of controlles etc. One thing I've thought of that I would find very cool would be the ability to browse my music by album-covers instead of text (just think it would look very cool.

Finally I have a couple of minor "bugs":
    When resuming from standby the plugin will only load if MP is set to restart, which is a bit anoying, since I else what have no need for that and thus it makes resume take quite a bit longer than it else would do.
    Also the counter when playing music etc "jumps", meaning that it will count for a while, then freeze and then jump a few number to catch up. None of these issues makes the use impossible nor even impractical, but they just bugs me a little.

My main point is that we should say a big thanx to Cybrmage for his work and then kindly ask him to give his acceptance that the code is made public for somebody else to make further improvements to a great and important plugin!

Slurm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 16, 2006
    Graz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    My main point is that we should say a big thanx to Cybrmage for his work and then kindly ask him to give his acceptance that the code is made public for somebody else to make further improvements to a great and important plugin!

I totally agree with you but I'm not sure if there's somebody willing and (!) able to the work.

mtjoernelund

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I totally agree with you but I'm not sure if there's somebody willing and (!) able to the work.

Even though I have no experience ind C# I would give it a go if I could have a template to start with. But starting from a blank page woulden't give me any hopes of ever completing anything.

SChris

Portal Member
    January 7, 2008
    Hello everybody!

Look at D-HD160XT-C:Home - danielrolf.com

This is a Mirroring App for the Zalman HD 160XT but it also mirrors other Systems.
    I use it on my Zalman HD160 and it is so fast that I can watch TV on the Touchscreen!

If you don´t have a Zalman HD160 you can not use the Fancontrol and IR-Trans of this App
    but the Mirroring works also on my Laptop.

10 Euro that makes my HTPC Touchscreen working!

There is also a trial that works 1 hour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom