Touchscreen LCD display Plugin (1 Viewer)

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I've updated the plugin here with even lower cpu when the plugin is idle (you can set an idle time in settings).

Clone mode still has high cpu and I think it's by design: You can either have good performance and many screen refreshes per second but with high cpu or lower cpu with worse performance and less refreshes.

As I'm not in to c# I'm still learning and it takes me some time to read through the files and understand what is going on. But I still hope to find a way round for clone mode.

@slurm: first of all, many thanks to you.

i noticed high cpu load even without clone mode in the past too. i will send my feedback as soon as i have tested your recompiled version. i am using rc3 and won't be able to check before next weekend if latest svn is necessary.

regards,
    b.

I don't think svn is necessary. You can test it with your current setting.

Slurm,
    I tried to install this plugin, but it crashes when I try to configure it. I get the message "Failed to locate assembly 'TouchScreenPlugin, Version=0.2.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'...."

Any thoughts?

EDIT: Nevermind...I had it in the wrong plugin directory.....

D

dm15644

Hi Slurm,

very good that you have taken the initiative to fix the most annoying bug in this plugin. I actually never considered using it as the bug seemed so severe.

Have you uploaded the soure for TouchScreenPlugin.dll to SVN? Where is it, I don't find it?

Brgs,

jayrock

Slurm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 16, 2006
    Graz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi Slurm,

very good that you have taken the initiative to fix the most annoying bug in this plugin. I actually never considered using it as the bug seemed so severe.

Have you uploaded the soure for TouchScreenPlugin.dll to SVN? Where is it, I don't find it?

Brgs,

jayrock

No, I haven't uploaded the sources. As there were no original sources, I had to use Reflector to get the sources out of the dll.

My only changes were some thread.sleeps so that the screen is not rebuild too often. I'm sure there are some more tricks to optimize the code, but I can't do that.

I still think it would be the best to merge this plugin with the Mini Display Plugin, but I'm not experienced enough to do that.

rockit3000

September 5, 2008
    Further dev

Thank you Slurm, for your efforts.

It is a shame that this plugin sees no further development ... something I dont understand, by the way. I guess that many people don't like to turn on their giant 42" plasmas just to browse through their music ...

Is there any chance that somebody can post the sources or put them in the SVN? So far the the touchscreen pugin works but imho it needs some adjustments like an XML file where you can define the views. It is a bit annoying that I can't define to jump 50 or 100 albums ahead since I have something like 800 CDs on my HTPC ... and scrolling down one by one (or page by page) is ... exhausting :confused:

Best,
    rock_it

Slurm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 16, 2006
    Graz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Thank you Slurm, for your efforts.

It is a shame that this plugin sees no further development ... something I dont understand, by the way. I guess that many people don't like to turn on their giant 42" plasmas just to browse through their music ...

Is there any chance that somebody can post the sources or put them in the SVN? So far the the touchscreen pugin works but imho it needs some adjustments like an XML file where you can define the views. It is a bit annoying that I can't define to jump 50 or 100 albums ahead since I have something like 800 CDs on my HTPC ... and scrolling down one by one (or page by page) is ... exhausting :confused:

Best,
    rock_it

I thought about the xml version too. It would be great to modify the look and usability beyond the actual possibilities.

I rarely use the touchscreen buttons but use mostly the remote with this plugin and TV off. Also in this situation it would be fine to see the next and previous album or title (or even better the next 5, 10, ...).

Is it true that the developer still did not provide the sources?

Yes, but that's no problem. As I said Reflector is able to extract the sources from the dll.

But it would be great if we could get the official permission from cybrmage to work on his plugin and the disassembled sources. The current situation is not really satisfying :(

bitbucket

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 19, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ...But it would be great if we could get the official permission from cybrmage to work on his plugin and the disassembled sources. The current situation is not really satisfying :(

But that's exactly the problem. He is blocking any further development on the plugin because of the uncertain legal situation. The way this went looks to me like intension. No one can tell me that he didn't notice the repeating requests for providing the sources ... Seems to me that someone out there is pouting since he has not been treated as he might expected ;)

Slurm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 16, 2006
    Graz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    But that's exactly the problem. He is blocking any further development on the plugin because of the uncertain legal situation. The way this went looks to me like intension. No one can tell me that he didn't notice the repeating requests for providing the sources ... Seems to me that someone out there is pouting since he has not been treated as he might expected ;)

I really hope this was not the reason for him to stop development, especially as there will be more and more users with respective hardware.

I think cybrmage made a good start with this plugin but he left it unfinished. There are only a few points for now that need improvement and because cybrmage is unavailable (whatever the reason may be) we have to find someone who is willing and able to complete his work.

The legal situation is indeed a problem but it would be a shame to abandon this plugin only because of that. Maybe cybrmage reads this and gives us permission to continue or - even better - does it by himself :)

bitbucket

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 19, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Slurm:

I still owe you my feedback on your recompiled plugin. Tested today with MP 1.0 final and works great - no cpu load. I will keep it running.

Many Thanks,
    bitbucket

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom