Touchscreen LCD display Plugin (1 Viewer)

allanp81

Portal Pro
October 24, 2006
Wicked, that's actually pretty cool. I think I might get one and see what I can do.

PussyWagon

Portal Pro
August 2, 2008
I've done a little research on the topic of high cpu and modified the dll so the cpu is now significantly lower (I'm not experienced in c# but I managed to go through).

It's compiled against the latest svn, but should work with any newer version. Please give feedback if everything works as it should.

As it's cybrmages work I'm not sure if I can post it, but I think all of you should test it and give response if it works now. If it's not okay for me to post his work, please let me know.

Sorry to dissapoint you but it dont work for me... :( Still high cpu load, but not as high as before... Perhaps 10% better, its around 40% cpu load now, before it was 50%.
But navigation still is impossible when running in clone mode, the mouse freezes every two seconds for about one second and its very anoying!

Im running the latest svn: 20755

Im using the "Mini Display" plugin, before known as Cybr Display something...

Slurm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 16, 2006
    Graz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Sorry to dissapoint you but it dont work for me... :( Still high cpu load, but not as high as before... Perhaps 10% better, its around 40% cpu load now, before it was 50%.
    But navigation still is impossible when running in clone mode, the mouse freezes every two seconds for about one second and its very anoying!

No problem, it was just a test. btw. I'm running the plugin with default settings (clone mode off) and for me cpu is down to 10-15%.

What are your settings for it? I would like to test it too.

PussyWagon

Portal Pro
    August 2, 2008

No problem, it was just a test. btw. I'm running the plugin with default settings (clone mode off) and for me cpu is down to 10-15%.

What are your settings for it? I would like to test it too.

Ok! But the high cpu usage problem that occurs for many of us i think is related when using the clone mode. With clone mode off the cpu usage is quite good.

In Mini Display plugin my settings are default, using the xPL Connector Driver.
    The touch screen plugin are adjusted for using clone mode and thats all needed to simulate the high cpu usage.

Im very happy to see thats someone finaly is starting to do some researching on this error and maybe some further developments? :p But the high CPU usage is really a priority as this makes the cloning mode unuseable! :(

If you need some help from me, trying to testing it or log files or similar just message me. I will help you as much as i can! :)

Slurm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 16, 2006
    Graz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Ok! But the high cpu usage problem that occurs for many of us i think is related when using the clone mode. With clone mode off the cpu usage is quite good.

In Mini Display plugin my settings are default, using the xPL Connector Driver.
    The touch screen plugin are adjusted for using clone mode and thats all needed to simulate the high cpu usage.

Im very happy to see thats someone finaly is starting to do some researching on this error and maybe some further developments? :p But the high CPU usage is really a priority as this makes the cloning mode unuseable! :(

If you need some help from me, trying to testing it or log files or similar just message me. I will help you as much as i can! :)

Thanks, I will do some more tests with clone mode. For me the high cpu was also without clone mode and here it's usable now.

PussyWagon

Portal Pro
    August 2, 2008
    @PussyWagon: can you tell me what hardware you are using?

Ok, exactly what do you need to know?

Primary Screen: Projector Sharp Z2000 connected via hdmi
    Secondary Screen: Olorin Touch Screen connected via vga

Graphic adapter: Built in ATI Radeon HD3200 (motherboard: GA-MA78G-DS3H)
    Processor: AMD ATHLON 64 X2 5600+ SOCKET AM2 BOXED 65W
    Memory: 2GB

bitbucket

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 19, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Slurm: first of all, many thanks to you.

i noticed high cpu load even without clone mode in the past too. i will send my feedback as soon as i have tested your recompiled version. i am using rc3 and won't be able to check before next weekend if latest svn is necessary.

regards,
    b.

Slurm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 16, 2006
    Graz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I've updated the plugin here with even lower cpu when the plugin is idle (you can set an idle time in settings).

Clone mode still has high cpu and I think it's by design: You can either have good performance and many screen refreshes per second but with high cpu or lower cpu with worse performance and less refreshes.

As I'm not in to c# I'm still learning and it takes me some time to read through the files and understand what is going on. But I still hope to find a way round for clone mode.

@slurm: first of all, many thanks to you.

i noticed high cpu load even without clone mode in the past too. i will send my feedback as soon as i have tested your recompiled version. i am using rc3 and won't be able to check before next weekend if latest svn is necessary.

regards,
    b.

I don't think svn is necessary. You can test it with your current setting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom