Trak.tv on MP2 (1 Viewer)

AxelSocial

Portal Member
June 21, 2013
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Trak.tv does not seem to take my login and p/w from MP2 plugin configuration screen.

Anyone has the same issue? how did you solve it?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm afraid our currently used API (v1) is not longer valid:
    V1 API goes offline June 30, 2015

A developer needs to update the API to new version to make it work again. Please be patient for a while :)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Hi, I'm assuming this was fixed as I was able to authorize MP2 to my account. I didn't find a plugin forum for trakt so thought I would ask here..

What are the current features of Trakt?

- Does it sync watch flags like ltfearme MP1 plugin?
    - In the default skin bluevision, where is the link to enter the plugin? Is there functionality like the MP1 plugin for looking at trending shows and activity etc.?

Thanks!

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    Hi,

sorry for the late reply, I missed somehow your post…
    Thanks for testing. Good to know that you’re able to authorize MP2 with Trakt.tv :)

The current features are:
    - scrobbling movies and series,
    - syncing movies and series from MP2 library to Trakt.tv,
    - syncing watched status from MP2 to Trakt.tv

Currently there is no link to enter the plugin (besides the settings for authorization), because there is no functionality, yet. The plan is to add additional screens, like trending movies, activity, etc. First, I wanted to see if the basic functions like scrobbling movies/series, syncing movies/series library, are working for others.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Is the sync two way for watched flags? Trakt -> MP2.

I'm sure this is how my MP1 clients are keeping in sync unless there is something else in play other than MP1 Trakt plugin.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is the sync two way for watched flags? Trakt -> MP2.
    As far as I know, it is not. And, in opposite to MP1, it is not necessary at all. In MP2 you don't need external stuff like Trakt to keep all clients in sync. They are always in sync. This is guaranteed by the concept of MP2 with the centralized server.
    The older days with MP1 I have used Trakt for syncing, but ever since I'm using MP2 only I haven't used Trakt any longer.

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Wouldn't it still be a nice feature in case the computer running the MP2-server crashes? Or even if you are installing MP2 for the first time and don't want to manually mark hundreds of movies as watched?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MP2-server crashes?
    Why do this external? There is a tool to backup and restore all watched flags and also an automated tool to backup the whole database. If I need to set up the server from scratch I'm done in a few minutes, as long as I can use the backup- database (means no compatibility breaking changes in new version). If I can not use the stored DB, the server need some hours to import all media again (without me doing anything so it can be done over night or so) but I still have all watched flags as before...

This most likely will be included nevertheless, but did not have any high priority.

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Because a lot of people are already using Trakt as their way to keep track on what they have watched, it is great that there is an import/export and backup function, but how many people will backup their tags/dbs to an external computer? And as I mentioned, it is also a big help for people that are starting out with MP2.

Not saying that it needs to be there tomorrow, but definitely a very useful function.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    I'm also trying to avoid Server + Clients. My media server which is always on isn't a supported operating system and relatively low powered. I don't use Mepo for live TV either which means one of the clients would need to be the server for the other just for syncing. I haven't tried it so in fairness I am making assumptions but imagine the client will wake the server on launch which means I have 3 machines running to make this work. I do appreciate this is not typical use setup and probably breaks devs hearts after all the effort to build something centralised but it's where I am at. Maybe in future I build a server which can act as Mepo headless server but for now I want to play with MP2 on one machine and leave MP1 on the other so they aren't ever going to sync anyway.

Do appreciate the desire to not make MP2 into MP1 though and sometimes you need to force people to change mindset after a long period of no change.

Users who are viewing this thread