TsReader - IPTV H264 parser fix (1 Viewer)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi folks,

This is a porting across to the 'master' version of TsReader.ax of a bug fix which has been developed and tested in the experimental TsReader development thread.

TsReader.ax is used by MP when playing live or recorded TV.

It is a fix for Mantis issue 0003839: TsReader.ax H.264 parser does not detect NALU Start Codes in all cases

This version of the code needs proper testing before the fix can be included in a future version of MP 1.2.x

The source code for the fix is at https://github.com/MediaPortal/MediaPortal-1/tree/BUG-3839_TsReader_NALU_start_code_detection

The fix modifies the H.264 NALU start code detection logic, which was failing to detect/handle correctly the start codes in some cases.

Tony

Last edited:

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Changelog:

Initial version - 0.4.18

This version is based on MP 1.2.3 codebase with the fix added.

Last edited:

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Binaries attached - just close MP, unzip the file, make a backup copy of the original TsReader, then copy the new TsReader.ax into the MP program folder e.g. C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal

Please test and report back - the more testing it gets the better :)

If you find problems I need the log files please !

Attachments

• TsReader_0_4_18_H264_start_code_fix1.zip
      157.9 KB

bc420

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 15, 2012
    Bring Cash
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    hey guys for working on this !! . it has been a while since i last looked on here i am going to install this tomorrow and test it ,am using 1.2.3 and will switch to 1.3.0 last time i had some problems with it crashing . i reverted back ,but if this fixes the freezing and crashing awesome ! i like the 1.3.0 features with few added things with tvserver , a very important part of mediaportal. will post back any issues with a logs thanks again(y)[DOUBLEPOST=1348471571][/DOUBLEPOST]shoot i should of read the dates lol already in the version i have !:LOL:

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As far as I remember this is in MP 1.3.0 Alpha. So setting this to finished to avoid confusion. Correct me if I am wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread