Tuner always in use (1 Viewer)

M M

September 20, 2018
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Installed MP-2 today on windows 7 HTPC with a HD Homerun dual ATSC tuner. Noticed that one tuner is always in use (the green light is on) even when MP is shut down. Any one know why this is happening?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello and welcome to MP2.:)

Any one know why this is happening?
    Impossible to tell without logs.

even when MP is shut down.
    Did you also terminate the MP2 Server Service? If yes, then the problem is not with MP2. Otherwise there is the TV plugin that has an in-built EPG feature, which may use the tuner (logs would tell ;)). In the US there is no DVB-EPG and you may want to use other sources for program information, e.g. the EPG-Buddy, which you can find in the forum.

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

just an idea: Do you have a parallel MP1 with TV Server installation by chance? Then you have two MP TV Servers with the MP3.0 TV Engine running in parallel. That would explain one TV card being blocked by the 'other' MP installation. In that case you need to terminate the MP1 TV Server for MP1.

Although they use the same MP3.0 TV Engine code base MP1 and MP2 both have both their own TV server which behaves a little bit differently.

Cheers

Blue Max

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I've setup my HDHomeRun in MP1 as (4) IPTV cards rather than Atsc. I can see the (4) Atsc cards, but just have them disabled. I did it this way so I didn't have to edit the channel names every time tested a new TV-server install. Anyway, it works. I don't know if this would get you past the BDA driver issue. I'll provide more...
    I've setup my HDHomeRun in MP1 as (4) IPTV cards rather than Atsc. I can see the (4) Atsc cards, but just have them disabled. I...
    I am brand new to MediaPortal. I have installed MP 2.4.1 on Windows 10. It is a fresh install and fully up to date. I have an...
    Replies
    Views
    I'm not sure what the issue was, but I decided to try a different way of solving the problem. My server has a 2.5Gbps port and the 10Gbps card I added, so I've connected the HD Homerun directly to the 2.5G port, and its solved the problem, I can now copy large multiple files to the server and not suffer with picture issues. There is...
    I'm not sure what the issue was, but I decided to try a different way of solving the problem. My server has a 2.5Gbps port and the...
    My MP1 installation works perfectly, except if I transfer large files to my server. Network setup. HD Homerun Quad tuner -...
    Replies
    Views
    It didn't find my ceton eth6 tuners. MP1 uses them, windows 10 and 11 see them but TV Mosaic doesn't see anything and there doesn't appear to be a way to make it.
    It didn't find my ceton eth6 tuners. MP1 uses them, windows 10 and 11 see them but TV Mosaic doesn't see anything and there...
    I was looking at moving from MP1 to MP2 and noticed that TV-Mosaic was the tvprovider of choice now. I followed the instructions...
    Replies
    Views
    Well, despite disabling ipv6, I can still see the error this morning. I guess the errors are random, no worries. I did a search for "genaservercontroller" and got 2 hits that reference Mediaportal 2 on Github. The linked items are from long ago, 12 years or so. Google-Results-Here
    Well, despite disabling ipv6, I can still see the error this morning. I guess the errors are random, no worries. I did a search...
    I just finished up reinstalling MP today to 1.31 and noticed these two errors in the TVService.log [2023-08-20 08:11:24,628] [Log...
    Replies
    Views
    If your tuners work with WMC, in most cases they should work with MP. However, tuners cannot simultaneously work with two different media center applications. So if WMC is accessing the tuners, MP won't be able to access them. To be sure that WMC is not interfering, you should use the Windows "Services" panel and disable all of the...
    If your tuners work with WMC, in most cases they should work with MP. However, tuners cannot simultaneously work with two different...
    Ok, so I'm a WMC7 user but I thought I should try MP2 since I'm sure my WMC7 is going to fade off to the distance soon. I've...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom