Turn Off Music Fading (1 Viewer)

jsimmons

Portal Pro
December 6, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I want to disable the fading on/off music tracks as they begin/end. Is that possible?

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Not in front of HTPC now, but I think it is a setting in MP Configuration; Music.

jsimmons

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    That was unchecked (assuming that not checking it would turn fading off). On the off chance that the code has the setting reversed, I checked it, and now the fading doesn't happen.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    There's a keyboard shortcut for that. "G" toggles between:
    - Gap
    - Gapless
    - Fading

works only, if BASS is your audio player

KevL

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2005
    Cambridge, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I think I remember on previous versions of MP that in addition to turning fading off it is also necessary to set the fade time to 0 seconds. Not sure if current version is the same but it might be worth a try.

I needed to disable fading to prevent damage to dts files when using bitperfect spdif output.

Kev

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I have all of my media on a NAS. I guess it might just be a network issue, then.
    I have all of my media on a NAS. I guess it might just be a network issue, then.
    Whenever I go into the back end for Moving Pictures, it almost immediately hangs on the Movie Importer tab. If I want to go into...
    Replies
    Views
    Can anyone help with this?
    Can anyone help with this?
    Hi, How do I create a music view in the MP1 configuration tool music views section to list all my song tracks under a heading of...
    Replies
    Views
    @doskabouter That fixed it, thanks!
    @doskabouter That fixed it, thanks!
    I just upgraded to 1.32 and now, when I start TV-Service Config, I get this error: [2024-01-31 09:33:13,138] [Log ] [SetupTv...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 1.32 StreamedMP Latest Music DE
    No one can help me here?
    No one can help me here?
    In StreamedMP I have the most recently added films (Moving Pictures) and also TV recordings on the home screen. But I made the...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.4.1 MP2 Stopped powering down DE
    Make sure the "Configure Windows Energy Saving" settings in MP2 have not changed >Settings/General/System, they should be as in the screenshot below. Failing that you should check in Windows "Power Options" itself that everything is as it should be.
    Make sure the "Configure Windows Energy Saving" settings in MP2 have not changed >Settings/General/System, they should be as in the...
    Hi, MP2 (V:2.41.1) has been working fine for ages. I have the PowerScheduler set to power off after 10min, but now it doesn't...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom