tv card (technotrend s2-3200) randomly works with MP (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Debug DLL is attached as promised.

Instructions:
    1. Stop TV Server.
    2. Take a backup of the TVLibrary.dll in your TV Server install folder.
    3. Download and extract the attached TVLibrary.dll into your TV Server install folder.
    4. Delete your TV Server logs in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\log.
    5. Start TV Server.

After that, attempt to reproduce the issues by scanning/tuning and post new logs.
    I'm off to bed - 3am here. ;)

Attachments

• TVLibrary[1.1.3_technotrend].zip
      150.8 KB

pjuegos

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2011
    hi mm1352000 ,

Thanks for your help and dedicated long nights!

I have followed your instructions. Unfortunately, when I tried to launch MP in debug mode I got the attached message. So, I could not create any logsss:(
    when I try to lauch iMP in normal mode, it does not work either and it goes to the config menu instead...

something is really not going quite right...

Attachments

• print screen.jpg
      print screen.jpg
      196.1 KB

pjuegos

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2011
    For some reason, I could launch this time MP in debug mode...So, I have logs:)

1: I launched MP in debug mode and I tried to select the same channel in the TV menu. MP froze...
    2: I launched the task manager, and I used it to close MP. Automatically a log was created in MP

cheers

pj

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again pjuegos

It was really hard to wake up this morning ;).
    Regarding the screenshot: that file (MediaPortal.xml) is the file that contains all your MediaPortal client preferences. If that is gone then something is really wrong, either with your installation, or with your HDDs (or something...). Did you install with administrator privilege? If you did, then like mylle, said: perhaps it would be a good idea to check your HDDs for errors...

I have looked at your logs, and I can see problems again, but I'm not sure what is causing them (I don't have the code in front of me since I'm at work). I will investigate some more this evening...

pjuegos

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2011
    hi mm1352000,

Hope that the coffee in that part of the world is strong enought to keep you awake at work;)

There is something really wrong in my setup, and I am tempted to do a HDD scan + fresh windows install.

Of course, if the problem is in a driver or a hardware device, reusing the same components might not resolve the issue. Is there anything or any sequence of steps I can do in the formatting and reinstallation process, to make the job of investigating a problem easier?
    I am talking without knowing :), but it would be nice to know how each new driver, software affects the stability of the system. Is that possible?

Cheers!

Last update: HDD scan

1- in win7, I did a HDD scandisk of a non-system logical drive. No errors
    2- in the same logical drive, I did a second check this time with the option "scan for attempt of recovery of bad sectors" enabled. The system froze and I had to mechanically restart the PC.
    Whilst booting, the PC showed the nasty "disk boot failure. insert system disk and press enter". AFter restarting 4 times, it did not show the message and booted
    3- I did a full scan of the HDD in startup. No errors
    4- Back in win7, I checked MP and the same problems of getting freezed with tv channel selection persisted

so, nothing new I guess. There is a problem somewhere that only affects MP and not other programs i tried

cheers

pjuegos

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2011
    Last update:

I have formatted the PC and I have reinstalled a fresh copy of win7 and MP.

Everything was working fine, including the TV service, but suddenly the TV service stopped working showing the same problems as before the format. The rest of the PC applications are working fine...
    :(:(

BTW, the "disk boot failure. insert system disk and press enter" message i think was due to a loose SATA HDD cable...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again pjuegos

I apologise for the delayed response. I had some issues preparing what I want to give you...

Having looked at your logs with my special debug information I suspect that this issue is a TsWriter issue, possibly somehow triggered by EPG grabbing. Could you please do two more things to help me narrow this issue down further:

1. Stop TV Server.
    2. Take a backup of the TsWriter.ax file in your TV Server install folder.
    3. Download and extract the attached TsWriter.ax into your TV Server install folder.
    4. Delete your TV Server logs.
    5. Start TV Server and attempt to reproduce the issue.
    6. If/when you are able to do that, post your complete TV Server logs again.

The second thing is: after you've collected the first set of logs, turn off all EPG grabbing - idle and timeshifting - in the DVB EPG section of TV Server configuration. Once you've done that, restart TV Server and try to reproduce the problems again.

Attachments

• TsWriter.zip
      120.3 KB

pjuegos

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2011
    Hi again,

Thanks for your great help!!!!
    Yes, the EPG never worked in my setup. I always thought I didnt know how to enable it...

I did the 2 set of tests.
    First set log is attached

I was not fully sure of what you meant in the second set, but I suppose I did what you wanted since it seemed to sort the problem out :). I disabled "EPG grabing while idle" and I left disabled "EPG grabing whle timeshifting"

It seems you found the root of the problem!!!!

cheers:D

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So we have found the problem - excellent! Now to find out what is causing it in the code. :D
    Unfortunately your logs from the first test don't show me an actual freeze, which is what I need to see to find the code problem. Please could you try to reproduce a freeze again using both the TVLibrary.dll and TsWriter.ax that I have provided. Obviously you'll have to turn on EPG grabbing again temporarily for that...

pjuegos

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2011
    sorry, you are right. Your TVLibrary.dll was deleted with my PC format...

I have generated a new log. Hopefully it is a helpful one. It took me a long time (20m) to get a MP freeze this time but eventually it came...
    EVen thought EPG grabbing was enabled, there was no EPG info in the tv guide

Cheers :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom