tv card (technotrend s2-3200) randomly works with MP (1 Viewer)

pjuegos

Portal Pro
April 28, 2011
hi mm1352000,

Any luck with the posts I sent you? Did they reveal anything interesting?

Cheers

pj

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again PJ

To be completely honest I haven't had a lot of time to look further into this issue. Your testing told me only a few things...

v1: I put too much debug information into the logs, and that is what caused things to get worse. Even with all that information I was not able to see what was going wrong - sometimes changing how long it takes for things to happen can hide the problem (race conditions), so adding debug might give me information but it also might make the problem harder to reproduce :)(). I can try and take out some of the debug information and see what happens...

v2: this version included some of the latest bug fixes. The fact that you still experience the issue means that those bug fixes don't resolve the problem.

Your problem is a really tough one - although I can understand the reason that there is a problem, I don't know what is causing it, which means that I can't fix it. I asked for help on the internal team forum but haven't yet received any response. I'm still hoping someone with more experience with these kinds of problems might come and help us. In the meantime really the only thing I can suggest is to upgrade to 1.2.0b and see if that resolves the problem...

Best regards,
    mm

pjuegos

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2011
    OK. Thanks for the info.

I will see if 1.2.0 resolves the issue. Just a quick question:
    Is the satellite EPG the problem? Because if that i the case, I could get away with using webEPG?

Also, do you know what satellite was causing the problem? I am connected to 3 satellites but I only need 1 of them....

thanks for your help!

pj

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Is the satellite EPG the problem? Because if that i the case, I could get away with using webEPG?

Also, do you know what satellite was causing the problem? I am connected to 3 satellites but I only need 1 of them....
    Satellite EPG does seem to be part of the problem - you said that you didn't experience problems when you turned it off - however there might only be problems for one channel or transponder, which again makes it hard to find/reproduce the problem. If you can get away with only using WebEPG then I guess that is a work-around solution. What would be better from our (my) perspective is if you could enable grabbing only for specific channels and use a process of elimination to find the channels or transponders that cause problems. If you can do that then we might be able to do something more to actually *fix* the problem...

pjuegos

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2011
    hi mm1352000,

I have migrated to MP1.2, hoping that I could lucky and the issue could get resolved with the new MP version. Unfortunately, I still have problems...

The PC keeps going to sleep mode automatically every now and again. Sometimes every 2 or 3 minutes... I have been trying to narrow down the range of possible problems; EPG is disabled and all the plugins also. The problem happens even without going to TV. However, it is definetely related to the TV service. If I disable the TV service in the Task Manager the problem vanishes.

Do you want me to post logs?

cheers

pj

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Are you using the Powerscheduler? That is the only thing I know of that would put the computer to sleep...

pjuegos

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2011
    Problem vanished after restart... So, I guess we can forget it for a while :)

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom