tv card (technotrend s2-3200) randomly works with MP (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi pjuegos

Unfortunately I can't see the freeze. Do you remember what channel you were trying to watch when you experienced the freeze?
    It should be relatively easy to reproduce the bug if you just enable the idle EPG scanner, restart TV Server, wait for 2 or 3 minutes (during which the idle EPG scanner will kick in), and then try to tune a channel. Grabbing from ITV1 London and E4 seems to be particularly problematic...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again pjuegos

You must be talking about a different kind of freeze to the EPG one that I have been seeing in your TV Server logs because there is literally nothing in your TV Server logs for trying to tune E4. There is also no evidence of the EPG freeze that I saw earlier. :confused:

Of course I can see in the MediaPortal log that you start up MediaPortal and E4 is the channel that is loaded, however it doesn't look like you even try to view that channel. Did the MediaPortal client freeze simply after starting up?

BTW: According to your MediaPortal settings file it looks like you haven't set the TV codecs. It would be a good idea to set the MPEG2 video, h.264 video and MPEG/AC3 audio codecs to use the Microsoft DTV-DVD codecs for both video *and* TV. You can find these settings in the "codecs and renderer" section of MediaPortal configuration.

pjuegos

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2011
    Hi mm1352000,

I undertand that you cannot tackle the problem if you dont see it clearly in the log. Hopefully, this new log will be more telling. What I did is the following:
    1. Stop TV service
    2. Start TV service
    3. Launch MP debug mode
    4. Quickly went to TV to select a channel before EPG interacts. I selected Film4, which displayed fine
    5. Wait for a while to allow EPG to mess things up
    6. Went back to TV to select again Film4 channel. This time the system froze before showing any channel data (the window where the TV channel previews remains black)
    7. Generated the log

Thanks again for your help. It is really appreciated! :)

pj

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again PJ

The logs this time are perfect. :D
    I can see *exactly* where the EPG problem is occurring, although to be honest I'm not sure how to resolve it. I will raise the issue with the team and see what they say.

Thank you for you patience :D

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again PJ

After getting home this evening I've looked long and hard at the code where the fault is occuring. It seems to me that the satellite(s) that you have access to are triggering a "hidden" bug. I'm sorry to have to ask you to do this again, but can you please try to reproduce the isssue again with the attached TsWriters. The first one is one with more debug to help me narrow down the problem even further; the second one is a more up to date version with some of the fixes that have been included in 1.2.0a and 1.2.0b. Ideally you won't be able to reproduce the issue with the second version and your logs from the first version will confirm that the issue has been resolved already...

Attachments

• TsWriter(v1_debug).zip
      121 KB
    • TsWriter(v2_27405).zip
      120 KB

pjuegos

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2011
    OK. I will do the tests when I get home this evening. Looking forward to see what results come from the tests!

Cheers

pj

pjuegos

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2011
    Hi again,

I send you the posts and also some observations.

with v1_debug
    I was never able to tune to any channel. I did not get a freeze when I did the tests. However, I got the following messages
    -unable to play graph
    -unable to play liv2-1.ts.tsbuffer

with v2
    No freezes and no problems to tune channels right after starting mp. However, after the usual wait I could not tune the channels again and the system froze. So, same as before.

Was this expected result?

Also, might not be connected at all, but after doing the tests the TV service does not work at all, and it shows message "No free car available" and "Connection to tv service lost".. Coincidence or connection?

Cheers

pj

pjuegos

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2011
    Hi again,

Just another couple of observations in case it helps:
    As I said in my previous post, those TsWriters made my MP system quite unstable; the TV service became unusable by displaying the message "No free car available" all the time.
    Another strange phenomenon was the whole system going to sleep mode contionously without any reason for it, which made using MP impossible

I am using again an old TsWriter, and both problems are gone... Does this help?

Thanks

pj

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom