[Bug] TV: missing audio stream in records (Sky) (1 Viewer)

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It could be a while until I get around testing it but I will. Trouble is it can be tested only when a film/program starts and it has to be a film I don't actually want to record :)

Me think I have the same hardware as @HTPC_Sourcer but with a MaxcamTwin V2. Though I have a V1 in my TV too.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is anyone having this problem when using a different CAM? Just trying to understand if it could be a Maxcam specific issue.
    I've ordered a DeltaCam v2 so I could try it out too when I eventually get around it.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It could be a while until I get around testing it but I will. Trouble is it can be tested only when a film/program starts and it has to be a film I don't actually want to record :)
    Well, you could try to test part 2: just restart timeshifting on the same channel and see if it works. Note you may have to disable other tuners to force MP to use only one tuner.
    I'd be interested to see if you get the same result as HTPC_Sourcer

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

Thanks for your explanation - FreakyJ's comments with the extra language are easier to follow though ;). New logs attached.

1. Sky #1 recording started at 13.40
    2. Sky #2 watching - new language added at 14.30
    - Languages can be switched forth and back - both streams are audible
    3. Sky #2 stopped at 14.34
    - restarting Sky #2 is not possible - getting "channel is encrypted"
    4. Need to start a different Sky channel first - no problem
    5. Restarted Sky #2

No idea though how to stop the running recording of Sky #1 without the file getting deleted. I will wait for the recording to stop and then verify if it's OK.
    Regarding logs: I deleted the TVServer.log while the Server was running, which normally is not a problem as a new file is instantaneously created. Well, not in this case - there is no tvserver.log...[DOUBLEPOST=1406724393][/DOUBLEPOST]
    there is no tvserver.log...
    And I now know why. I had left the configuration screen open on the server.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well, you could try to test part 2: just restart timeshifting on the same channel and see if it works. Note you may have to disable other tuners to force MP to use only one tuner.
    I'd be interested to see if you get the same result as HTPC_Sourcer

How do I restart timeshifting? Do I just turn the TV off and back on? (In MP of course not the TV set)

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Started a recording on Sky Cinema HD around 20:13.
    Switched to Sky Atlantic HD switched languages.
    Waited past 20:15 for the start of the movie to switch back to recorded channel.
    All audio streams ok.
    Switched back and forth between those two channels no issues.

Basically I could not reproduce the bug. Though I did restore the TVLibrary from 1.8.
    Then restarted the TV server. Maybe I should have rebooted. Did not have time to rebooting before the start of the movie.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    With a single tuner enabled started stopped and restarted the same channel Sky Cinema HD I think it was, no issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom