[Bug] TV: missing audio stream in records (Sky) (2 Viewers)

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Alright, I'll try that again then...
    Did three recordings overnight, all of them were good. But need I'm pretty sure they all had two audio stream from the start even though the English audio stream still contains German until the film starts.

Maybe Sky Germany changed the way they broadcast audio stream. Maybe they don't do that dynamic things so often anymore.

Last edited:

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    From your log files it looks like both streams were present from the start, so there will be no problem with decrypting:
    I don't know about the log files, but I can assure you that only ONE language was visible in the menu prior to the movie starting. As soon as the movie began there was a second entry to chose from.[DOUBLEPOST=1406788852][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I see one difference between your configurations. You have "when card enters idle state..." set to pause; Stéphane has it set to stop. Could you try and see if using stop makes any difference for restarting timeshifting on the same channel?
    Apologies but I will be out for the next couple of weeks now.

Also, I remember that the "Stop" was not really working on my setup, I had lots of issues with frozen channels in stop mode.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok guys I got it eventually.

Go to Sky Cinema HD check that we have only one audio stream which is German and start manual recording around 20:05
    Go to Sky Hits HD and watched that channel until around 20:20.
    Try to go back to Sky Cinema HD: fails
    Switch back to Sky Hits HD works.
    Switch to another channel: works
    Stop recording
    I think I then tried Sky Cinema HD and English audio stream was ok.
    Tried the recording English audio stream is empty.

Those are rough description of what I did. I might have gotten it slightly wrong but that should be something like that.
    Also note that before the recording for which I could reproduce the issue I also started a short recording on the same channel and stopped it a minute later or so.
    By the way the movie starts around 20:15 so the English audio stream should have been added around that time too.
    I'm still using my Maxcam V2 with firmware 2.21 from Jan 29 2014.

I hope it helps diagnose our problem.

Last edited:

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @mm1352000 Was this not what you needed? If not just let me know I'll go back through your earlier posts and try to work it out again.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Stéphane

I'm extremely busy at the moment. Simply haven't had time to look at this again yet.

Regards,
    mm

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Thanks everyone :)

Attached is a replacement TV library which might help with the problem if you're using the-plugin-which-shall-not-be-named ( :) ). There seems to be a genuine bug when the plugin is used: updated PMT is not passed to the plugin (!!!) so it probably has no way to know that it needs to start decrypting the new audio stream.

https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...rary/Implementations/DVB/Graphs/MDPlug.cs#L53
    Code:
    if (!isChannelAlreadyDecoding)
    {
       SetChannel(currentChannel, channelInfo, update);
    }

...changed to:
    Code:
    if (!isChannelAlreadyDecoding || update)
    {
       SetChannel(currentChannel, channelInfo, update);
    }

mm
    PS: I hope from my response you can see that we are sensible about providing support for the plugin when there is a bug. My point is: please in future don't hesitate to post a bug report. I will tell you at the time whether logs without the plugin are required. Each report is taken on a case-by-case basis. :)
    PPS: This patch is for MP 1.6. Please don't ask for patches for MP 1.5. I also make no commitment about providing updates. Finally, since TVE 3 is in code freeze, I also make no commitment about getting this change into future versions of MP.
    PPPS: This patch won't help for people using DD CIs with a CAM. Still can't see anything wrong with that scenario...
    Picking up this old thread: @mm1352000 or maybe @FreakyJ: a chance for a updated version? Or havent there been updates to TVLibrary.dll since then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom