[further infos missing] TV Playback glitches or stops about 10 seconds in (1 Viewer)

gibber

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    On my main HTPC, playback pauses for about 1 second and then resumes. On this client, it just stops playback. The issue seems to occur with any codec / renderer combo. New issue for me with Mepo 1.5.

Attachments

• TV Playback Crash.zip
      48.7 KB

gibber

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Will do. That may have to wait until the weekend though. The attached log file was just for the client (laptop with WiFi connection to server, server has Gigabit connection to router).

gibber

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I have attached all of the log files here, including the those from the TV server that cover the time period of interest (between 6:30AM and 7:10AM on the 17th of September.

I was not able to reproduce the problem this morning (while trying to get a fresh set of logfiles), so instead I went back into the historical TV server logfiles and pulled the ones that covered the morning of the 17th. This is the first time that I have gone looking for TV server log files...in the client you can set different levels of logging intensity (debug, error, etc), but I did not see similar options for the TV server.

gibber

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks HomeY. Now if only I could reproduce the problem. If the TVserver logfiles that I uploaded are useless then this might turn into a "no bug".

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Can't spot any errors in the logs you posted. No buffer issues in TsReader log either. You do have Continuity errors in your TsWriter log, but those don't match the timeline in your TsReader log.
    So best is to let it run, see what happens and post full debug logs when it happens again.

gibber

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks. Note that client and server are on different machines here, so times are not exactly the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I have looked at your log files, but as usual they are unintelligible gobbledegook. (I am sure that the original developers who wrote that code know what the log entries mean, but those developers have long since retired from the MP team.) I regret to say that I think that you will have to use the "brute force" method to track down...
    I have looked at your log files, but as usual they are unintelligible gobbledegook. (I am sure that the original developers who...
    Sometimes when displaying the OSD whilst playing a recorded TV show the video freezes and the sound continues for about 30 seconds...
    Replies
    Views
    done: Loading...
    done: Loading...
    Hi guys, iam using Mediaportal 1 many many years now. But since 2 years i have a strange problem that i cant figured out. Randomly...
    Replies
    Views
    @Brownard another logs of failed installations. I'll take a look into the user management. Edit: I can confirm user management is completey broken with NET4 and NET6 :( Neither an existing profile can be selected nor a new one can be created.
    @Brownard another logs of failed installations. I'll take a look into the user management. Edit: I can confirm user management is...
    Description: Hi there. First of all, I appreciate all the effort in MediaPortal 2 release 2.5 - visible changes look great (eg...
    Replies
    Views
    The layout of remotes does vary from one model/brand to another. I too find that some layouts are better than others. Generally, I prefer the buttons that I use most-frequently to be positioned near the center of the remote, which is not the case with that particular Dell remote. :( Battery life is often a problem. A remote that I...
    The layout of remotes does vary from one model/brand to another. I too find that some layouts are better than others. Generally, I...
    In Dec 2020: I purchased 2 remotes for my new HTPC install, eg: HP USB MCE IR RC6 Wireless Receiver and TSGH-IR02 Windows Media...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [solved] Stopped capturing live tv DE
    Thanks. I found the settings on DVB EPG and on the WebEPG page I used GrabNow then Saved. It did take a long'ish time and all is OK. Thanks so much for reminding me where to find the sort function. I failed to notice the tabs at the top and as I said, I had tried to find the method in the wiki. Everything is back to normal, so...
    Thanks. I found the settings on DVB EPG and on the WebEPG page I used GrabNow then Saved. It did take a long'ish time and all is...
    Before you create this bug report: Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom