[confirm] TV Recording no longer working (1 Viewer)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I set MP to record Merlin on BBC1 on Saturday 13/10 at 19.15 and on 16/10 I set it to record Person of Interest on 5USA at 22:00. Neither recording worked (i.e. there's no file been created).

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I can't see what happened with Merlin as the logs don't go that far back.
    As for Person Of Interest: your PC wasn't awake at the scheduled time. I'm not sure why that is, but is seems that you're using PS+ so that is where I would start.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    It certainly was awake, I was using it to play ArmaII!

PS. The logs contain the TsWriter.log for the 13/10 which covers the Merlin recording.

Last edited:

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Cool, you have the same errors in the logs that I've had recently.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/scheduled-manual-tv-recording-failed.112751/

Code:
    2012-10-17 00:05:35.533123 [(17)]: Exception  :System.ObjectDisposedException: Safe handle has been closed
      at Microsoft.Win32.Win32Native.SetEvent(SafeWaitHandle handle)
      at System.Threading.EventWaitHandle.Set()
      at TvService.TVController.OnNewSchedule()

I got this again yesterday and ended up ticking "Reinitialize service" in PowerScheduler configuration to see if that helps. Unfortunately the wake up delay is now much bigger. I don't really understand where my problems are coming from since I've used same setup (software&hardware) for many years now and this just started out of nowhere.

Anyway it has something to do with resume from sleep & some stuff is not initialized properly.

Last edited:

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    As you say, this suddenly just started for me too and I was able to record Hunted on BBC1 on 11/10 no problem.

I wonder if the fact I was playing games (Dishonoured on 13/10, ArmaII on 16/10) on these two occasions might have anything to do with it or if that's just a co-incidence?

I've just started a recording from the EPG of the current programme on Ch.5 and that's started OK. I'll try scheduling one for later and see if that works as well.

EDIT: Yep, that scheduled recording worked OK as well.

Last edited:

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Set it to record Ch4 news then played Dishonoured tonight. That didn't record either, so it seems MP can't record whilst I'm playing, which is a major pain as I can't afford two separate PC's, one for gaming and one for MP.

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Set it to record Ch4 news then played Dishonoured tonight. That didn't record either, so it seems MP can't record whilst I'm playing, which is a major pain as I can't afford two separate PC's, one for gaming and one for MP.

Any logs for this? Just to check...

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Here you go, although I doubt they show much more than that nothing happened at 19:00!

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Again you have:

Code:
    2012-10-18 18:35:47.151304 [(7)]: Exception  :System.ObjectDisposedException: Safe handle has been closed
      at Microsoft.Win32.Win32Native.SetEvent(SafeWaitHandle handle)
      at System.Threading.EventWaitHandle.Set()
      at TvService.TVController.OnNewSchedule()

Is 18:35 the time when you SET the recording?

Since I believe this error comes up when trying to create a scheduled recording and for some reason it fails, therefore when it's time to record nothing happens since there is no schedule. Why the scheduling fails is a mystery, but I believe it is something related to TVServer Scheduler being in a wrong state after resume from suspend.

Last edited:

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    I think it was probably more like 18:47 but I'm not sure.

However, I just set Hunted to record and that hasn't started either, even though I'm not gaming so that's obviously just a co-incidence. I'm watching it live so there's no problem with the tuner, just the scheduler, although it does show in the TV Server config Schedules.

Users who are viewing this thread