Tv recording/time-shift options (1 Viewer)

enricong

Portal Pro
November 18, 2008
I'm using a HD-PVR2.

Recording and time-shift works, however, how can I adjust the quality. How do I make sure that it is using the HD-PVR2 internal encoder and how can I adjust the bitrate?

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello enricong

How do I make sure that it is using the HD-PVR2 internal encoder...
    You wouldn't be able to use any other encoder. In other words, if timeshifting and recording is working with the HD-PVR2 then the HD-PVR2 internal encoder is being used. Same applies for HD-PVR1 and Colossus.

... and how can I adjust the bitrate?
    Try the settings here:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...n/02_TV_Servers/7_Scan_Analog#Quality_Control

They may or may not have any effect. People have said those settings work for HD-PVR1; I know they don't work for Colossus and I suspect they won't for HDPVR2... but worth a shot regardless. I have plans to add the ability to control the Colossus bitrate with MP2 Native TV. If the settings don't work please let me know.

mm

enricong

Portal Pro
    November 18, 2008
    Clicking "Check" allows me to access the settings.
    I'll try playing with the settings to try and see if it makes a difference

enricong

Portal Pro
    November 18, 2008
    it seems to have no affect for me too. I'm just wondering what settings it actually uses.
    Is there some default for every driver? or does it use the last used settings?

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I can confirm that. After reinstalling MP1.31(x86) I mistakenly installed the x64 version MpUrlSourcesplitter. Then I got the error. After uninstalling MpUrlSourcesplitter(x64) I installed the MpUrlSourcesplitter(x86). But the error message still comes.
    I can confirm that. After reinstalling MP1.31(x86) I mistakenly installed the x64 version MpUrlSourcesplitter. Then I got the...
    Just completed a clean install of Win 10 followed by MP 1.31. During install the installer hung up because I didn't have .net 3.5...
    Replies
    Views
    THX for info. 0.62 plugin version doesn't crash with MP 1.31 therefore, it seems to me to be little buggy...
    THX for info. 0.62 plugin version doesn't crash with MP 1.31 therefore, it seems to me to be little buggy...
    Started on: 2023-12-26 last update: 2023-12-26 Summary: Minimize the amount of data written to disk by simulating a tempfs RAM...
    Replies
    Views
    I'm not sure what the issue was, but I decided to try a different way of solving the problem. My server has a 2.5Gbps port and the 10Gbps card I added, so I've connected the HD Homerun directly to the 2.5G port, and its solved the problem, I can now copy large multiple files to the server and not suffer with picture issues. There is...
    I'm not sure what the issue was, but I decided to try a different way of solving the problem. My server has a 2.5Gbps port and the...
    My MP1 installation works perfectly, except if I transfer large files to my server. Network setup. HD Homerun Quad tuner -...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Delete recordings DE
    Hi, please check the yellow box (almost bottom of the page) about deleting recordings in the wiki. It’s possible to delete recordings, if access is guaranted. I’m not sure which connection problems you have. Normally the client is directly connected to the server on startup. In case you feel it’s too long, please describe the issue...
    Hi, please check the yellow box (almost bottom of the page) about deleting recordings in the wiki. It’s possible to delete...
    Hi, I can't seem to find any posts in this forum or on the wiki on deleting recordings. I am currently running 2.4.1 and there...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks again for all the help. I deleted 'BDHandler.dll" from the process folder, and as expected, it no longer appears in the MePo configuration utility. I also downloaded the X86 BDReader plugin that you posted. Renamed the existing files in the MePo folder, and copied the updated files to the MePo folder. For the most part...
    Thanks again for all the help. I deleted 'BDHandler.dll" from the process folder, and as expected, it no longer appears in the...
    I'm not sure that this works on 32-bit, but if I try to play a 4K UHD Blu-ray (Using makeMKV, modified firmware, and AnyDVD HD) the...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom