TV Server and Window 2008 Win2k8 Server (4 Viewers)

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Install DVDFix and all be ok.

You mean DVBFix?
    If yes then on my setup it works without it normally too (W2k3 has more recent version of files then it dvbfix has)

BKCH

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Has anyone managed to get the MCE IR working in 2008R2? I can't get the drivers working to allow me to blast :(

LordMerlin

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2007
    Rostov-na-Donu
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    And I had from DVBFix. There are files here - more senior actual, but here and essence of фикса. For example on the system of XP SP3, to place it obligatory.

otla

Portal Member
    February 19, 2005
    I have got Pvr-500 working with Windows server 2008. Its scans the channels, and I can record. But I cant watch recordings or livestreams on any MpClients. I have an error saying "audio codec" when I try to open LiveTv or recordings. But I can watch the recordings with VLC. Anyone have a clue?

ugg

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Seems like a codec issue not a server 2008 issue at all. I have 100% sucess with y2k8 x86 and x64. Tell some client specifics if you want more help.

otla

Portal Member
    February 19, 2005
    I found it. Stupid mistake. The streaming port was sett to zero? Working now with Windows server 2008. Copied the missing files from Windows 7 RC.

khael

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    then is possibile to use windows server x32 or x64 only like a tv-server? (no tv.client and no gui)

insan3

Portal Member
    May 25, 2009
    Hi guys,

I wonder how some of you managed to get it working under 2008 R2, since the script isn't working quite well. I grabbed the files from a win 7 machine and put them in 2008 R2. Now TV server finds it's own Webstream card but not my tv card. ( Terratec Cinergy C). I had it working under 2008 SP2 but under R2 no succes. Maybe someone know's if you need more files for R2, or some other files. I noticed that the script I used is unable to get all files, some are missing it sais.

Thanks in advance :)

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    got everything finally running as I wanted it 1 year ago ..
    I had 3 machines and now only 1 , and it hasnt failed 1 bit/byte in 1 month.. so i guess its a success.

Now have.. Windows 2008 x64 R2 (with hyper-v) enabled
    Also acting as file server and dedicated tvserver (3x floppydtv-c) (1 dedicated to EPG grabbing)
    (for multiple cards my advice is to always install the LEGACY 1394 firewire driver! , if you dont know how ask me)

I run XP x64, vista (different geared versions for different purposes) Windows 7 and even windows 98 (for fun) and unix desktop. all at the same time if needed, but 3 are up all the time ;-)

Together with my Apple minimac's machines (used bootcamp and installed Vista and mediaportal client)
    They take no space at all and are silent, they however do need some cold air because they get hot when playing Highdef material.. ;-)

if you have questions feel free to ask, i am always happy to help you out if I can..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom