TV Server doesn't detect my AverMedia M780 digital card (2 Viewers)

CFC

Portal Member
December 16, 2007
TV-Server Version: svn 19228
MediaPortal Version: svn 19228
MediaPortal Skin:
Windows Version: Vista 32
CPU Type: AMD X2 4850e
HDD: Seagate 500GB
Memory: 2 GB
Motherboard: Biostar TF8200 A2+
Video Card: Geforce 8200
Video Card Driver: 175.16
Sound Card: Realtek 888S
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: AverMedia M780
1. TV Card Type: ATSC PCI-e
1. TV Card Driver: 2.5.0.26
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

TV Server doesn't seem to detect my m780 PCIe digital card. It properly detects the analog portion, but I have no luck with ATSC card. Is there a way to add it?

Thanks

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Attach logs from trying to open TV-Service configuration, that should tell why it's not added/found

Regards
    Roy

CFC

Portal Member
    December 16, 2007
    Thanks,

I've attached the log.
    The TV log only finds:

2008-06-01 13:40:44.714817 [TVService]: Detecting Cards
    2008-06-01 13:40:44.808417 [TVService]: Detected analog card:avermedia m780 pcie tv-tuner 1

Thanks for the help

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The BDA Source Filter is not being detected for your card.
    Ensure the drivers are correctly installed and no other application is using the digital tuner.

DMAN

CFC

Portal Member
    December 16, 2007
    I'm pretty sure it's correctly installed. I've made sure to disable all running processes that could potentially use the card just to be sure (ehrcvr etc... in Vista Home Premium)
    Other software are able to detect it as well, and actually the built-in TV engine within MediaPortal can find it (when I uninstall TV Server), but it's giving a graph error.
    I believe (and I may be off base) the program tries to build a graph using "Microsoft ATSC Network Provider" as the network provider, but for some reason with these latest drivers in Vista Home Premium it will only connect to "Microsoft Network Provider". I'm having a similar issue using GBPVR where the graph building process fails because it too attempts to use the "ATSC" provider. Someone using Meedio also had the very same problem when using an Aver A180 card: linked here
    I've attached a graphedit capture to illustrate this.

I appreciate the help.

Attachments

• m780.jpg
      m780.jpg
      54.1 KB

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Use the old xp drivers (2.2.23) that should fix it.
    For some reason the ATSC network provider cannot connect & thus the latest drivers are not BDA compliant.
    I assume they're using some proprietry provider of their own.

DMAN

CFC

Portal Member
    December 16, 2007
    Unfortunately the old drivers there are for an "a180" I have an "m780", I just wanted to illustrate that I'm having a similar issue. I have not been able to track down older XP m780 drivers to try out.
    I don't believe that "Microsoft Network Provider" is proprietary to Aver, and I do think it's BDA compliant (This is what VMC uses, and all Microsoft can do is BDA). The "Microsoft Network Provider" is made by MS as well. It is under the same CLSID as the other Network providers (pictures attached).
    This is also what happens using an "ATI 650" ATSC card on Vista as can be seen here: GB-PVR Forums - View Single Post - ATI 650 pci prob in Vista
    so it's not isolated to just Aver products. Just like the other example, he installed old xp drivers to get it to work.
    I think the problem is that MediaPortal (as well as Meedio, and GBPVR) are not equipped yet to use the newer Network Provider filter.
    I appreciate the help, hopefully it's something that can be worked on in the future, but there doesn't seem to be too many ppl with this problem.

Thanks,
    CFC

Attachments

• GraphEdit.jpg
      GraphEdit.jpg
      46.8 KB
    • registry.jpg
      registry.jpg
      55.6 KB

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    A lot of drivers windows uses are WDM not bda, the drivers Dman pointed you too may be for the chipset tuner on the card, which is not specific to any one product.

CFC

Portal Member
    December 16, 2007
    A lot of drivers windows uses are WDM not bda, the drivers Dman pointed you too may be for the chipset tuner on the card, which is not specific to any one product.

That's true, but AFAIK, the Media Center Products use BDA drivers on digital cards. In this case, the drivers included are BDA and not WDM.
    Nevertheless, I'll give the older drivers a shot.

Thanks,
    CFC

jonesdb

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2008
    Santa Clara, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Here is a link to the Aver ftp site ftp://ftp.aver.com/ (username: beta , password: betatest) where you will find several versions of M780 drivers for both x64 and x86.
    I'm using XP with an M780 and have not problems with the card being detected for any driver set. I do have a problem with high CPU usage on the analog tuner side of the card and have observed that when I build the analog tuner graph in GraphEdit and record an analog channel to disk that the MPEG encoder is making a lot of errors (that may the driver set I'm using), but if I rememeber correctly it was happening with the earlier analog enocder driver as well....that was the reason for updating the my driver. I'm curious what your CPU usage in the analog mode is running. For me analog channels run ~50% CPU utilization and clear QAM runs ~2%.

I see the link didn't show up in the previous post. Here it is again ftp://ftp.aver.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom