TV Server doesn't detect my AverMedia M780 digital card (1 Viewer)

CFC

Portal Member
December 16, 2007
Thanks,

Yes, that's where I got my drivers from. I tried all the ones that were available there.
It's just apparent that the behavior is different with XP than it is with Vista Home Premium. I believe you will be able to make the connection between "Microsoft ATSC Network Provider" and the m780 filter using graphedit, whereas I can't on my system.
I'll check on my CPU usage for analog and post back. I can only give you what they read out in VMC (I didn't bother setting analog in MP since the digital side wasn't working.)

Thanks,
CFC

CFC

Portal Member
December 16, 2007
Thanks,
Sadly .19 is the driver set that came with the card and they present the same issues as the latest ones.
I appreciate your help.

CFC

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sounds like a BDA stack problem. Try and re-register MsDvbNp.ax

CFC

Portal Member
    December 16, 2007
    Sounds like a BDA stack problem. Try and re-register MsDvbNp.ax
    It's properly registered.
    Unfortunately it simply seems the Aver drivers in Vista only accept the "Microsoft Network Provider" filter (wich is a BDA driver) and nothing else.
    MediaPortal is not compatible with these new drivers.
    I installed the trial version of SageTV last night and it had no problem detecting and using m780's digital tuner.

CFC

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm suggesting to re-register it. i.e. unregister the filter and then register it again.
    It's known to work wonders.
    Otherwise - sorry your cards drivers / OS combination is crap & we cannot help you any further.
    Once you get the ATSC Network Provider connecting then you're sorted.

DMAN

CFC

Portal Member
    December 16, 2007
    I'm suggesting to re-register it. i.e. unregister the filter and then register it again.
    It's known to work wonders.
    Otherwise - sorry your cards drivers / OS combination is crap & we cannot help you any further.
    Once you get the ATSC Network Provider connecting then you're sorted.

DMAN

Thanks,
    Hopefully down the road it'll be supported.

zzhumphreyt

Portal Member
    November 20, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Is there any update on getting the digital tuner of this card to work with MediaPortal? I have it and would love to switch from Vista Media Center but the MediaPortal TV Server doesn't even list the digital tuner, only the analog. I saw that I could add digital channels manually but I have no idea what to put in any of the fields under the ATSC tab. Well, I know they're QAM channels at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom