TV Server doesn't detect my AverMedia M780 digital card (1 Viewer)

thewooddogg

Portal Member
September 18, 2009
I will absolutely try that tonight! Thanks for the tip!

I'd really like to get mediaportal to work because it seems perfect for everything I need. In fact, I had every single piece of it working perfect last week except for TV. Then I got my TV tuner in the mail and have been very frustrated since. Even went to the point of reinstalling XP and starting from scratch.

That being said, thank you again for replying and I'll let you know if it works tonight or tomorrow morning! Crossing my fingers!

thewooddogg

Portal Member
September 18, 2009
Drat! Sad to report, it didn't work. I need to figure out how to post my tv logs and maybe you can tell me what's wrong. It scanned fine, and allowed me to preview the channels once. Then I launched mediaportal and it locked up when trying to turn on the tv. THen it wouldn't let me preview anymore.

I've installed GB-PVR as a temporary TV platform and it works fine. But I would really like to use mediaportal

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Drat! Sad to report, it didn't work. I need to figure out how to post my tv logs and maybe you can tell me what's wrong. It scanned fine, and allowed me to preview the channels once. Then I launched mediaportal and it locked up when trying to turn on the tv. THen it wouldn't let me preview anymore.

I've installed GB-PVR as a temporary TV platform and it works fine. But I would really like to use mediaportal

We would need to see the logs, but the TVServer side of things is fixed in terms of M780 detection & graph building to tune etc.

DMAN

thewooddogg

Portal Member
    September 18, 2009
    Hey Dman,

Thanks for the all help! Turns out it's actually working fantastic right now! Once the graph error stopped after installing the svn I swapped out my antenna for a better one and wham! I got channels!

So far so good! I'm using a cheap $30 usd Kworld ATSC USB stick UB-435Q and it seems flawless so far!

Now I gotta figure out how to get my MCE remote's pause and play buttons to work. And build my homemade youtube HDTV antenna!

d3vkit

Portal Member
    December 2, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Well the tv server recognized the digital tuner but when I tried to scan for QAM channels it didn't find anything with any of the tuning frequencies. To make it worse, when I tried to verify that the analog portion of the card worked the TV Server Configuration stalled while scanning channels. Clicking cancel didn't stop the scan. I ended up closing the program but apparently the analog tuner was locked so I had to restart my computer.

I'm attaching my tv.log file, here's the tv server and OS version: SetupTv v1.0.4.23568 is starting up on Windows7 [6.1.7600.0]. I'll add I'm using the x64 build of Windows 7 but the TV Server seems to be x86.
    Just wanted to add that I have pretty much the same build and experience. Running Win7x64 w/Avermedia M780. Can't find QAM channels, locks on Analog. Installed using the svn build provided by DMAN a f ew posts back (one from 09/11 it looks like). GB-PVR works fine for QAM and analog, but it seems mediaportal can more directly use Powerdvd so I wanted to try it out again.

I have attached the tv log file. Let me know there is anything else I can do to help!

EDIT: I tried the newest SVN, and so far it's at least found some analog channels. Once it's up and running (or not) I'll post back, but I think this problem might have been fixed. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom