TV Server doesn't detect my AverMedia M780 digital card (1 Viewer)

CloFan

Portal Member
April 30, 2009
Arkansas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Trip update:

Compatibility mode with XP didn't work. Figured out how to unregister and reregister a filter, but it didn't work.
Installed on XP and had many problems with MP, and my cards. They would randomly not show up and the driver support sucked for my two ATi cards. I'm going back to Vista today, and just gonna deal with the lack of ATSC until MP gets support for this card.

uncertainty

Portal Pro
September 29, 2007
NYC
Home Country
Does anyone know if TV Server 1.1.0 supports the newer avermedia cards under vista or win7? Alot of us have these cards (ie A180, M780 and the new aver duet) and is there any update one when or if these cards will ever be supported under Vista or Win7?

thanks

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The problem is the drivers for the ATI & AverMedia cards dont work like every other BDA card in the market place. i.e. The appropriate Network Provider is used and connects to the 'Tuner' filter of the driver. MediaPortal TVServer expects the ATSC Network Provider to connect.
    As discussed earlier in this thread it's a driver problem from the supplier, they should ideally fix it, but they have no obligation to do so.
    So therefore we cannot fix this unless we get hold of a card.

If someone can post me a card across the pond then I can look into making the graph build and be identified correctly for TVServer.
    Others would need to test any patches to confirm tuning works as I'm in the UK.

DMAN

jonesdb

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2008
    Santa Clara, CA
    Home Country
    This particular problem doesn't effect me as I am running XP Pro and the issue seems to arise with Vista and Win7. I do however have an AverMedia M780 card and have never had a problem under XP Pro, so I guess I'd like to understand how Vista and Win7 are different from XP in their treatment of Network Provider (if that is what you are implying). As far as I can tell, in XP the front end filter arrangement starts with the Microsoft ATSC Network Provider -> AverMedia M780 PCIe BDA ATSC Tuner 2 -> AverMedia M780 PCIe Digital Video Capture 2. How is this different from how other cards are handled? Again, just trying to understand as this would affect my ability to move to Win7 or Vista. Thanks for any insight.

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I think I have a solution:

Grab the latest TVLibrary.dll from here:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/042k4r

Note: You'll need the latest build of TVServer you can get.

In SetupTV, Stop TVServer Service
    Clear the logs
    Overwrite the file
    Start the service again

Let me know if it works, if not post the tv.log file only.
    Good luck

DMAN

zzhumphreyt

Portal Member
    November 20, 2008
    Home Country
    I'll check this out when I get home from work tonight. Excited about this working! Media Center's lack of ability to export channel frequencies and numbers is maddening whenever the cable company or Zap2It (the source of Media Center's channel guide) decides to rejig their lineup. Manually re-assigning 100 channels to the correct Guide listing is no fun! :mad:

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Great!
    You may want to use this full build here:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/rep502

gemx has also enhanced the tswriter & tsreader filters too.
    They now identify and play MPEG video from DC-II streams which some cable providers do for some strange reason.

DMAN

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom