TV Server Plugin: TvWishList (3 Viewers)

wiyosaya

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Any idea when MP2 will be supported?

Thanks.

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    wiyosaya, I am afraid i do not have a good answer for you.
    I was giving up on MP2 as I could not get the plugin to run. There is a separate thread in the MP2 plugin forum. I need some help from the developers here on the Skin behavior.

Right now also my development computer broke and I am building a new one. Once this is done I will download MP2 again and contact the developers again, but I am not making any promises now.

wiyosaya

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2014
    Home Country
    huha, Thanks for your reply, and I'm sorry to hear your development PC is down.

I personally do not use the interface in the client. That said, I would be very happy if TVWishList were added to the MP2 TV Server only. That would be a temporary solution to not having skins working in the MP2 Client.

As a temporary work-around, I reinstalled the MP1 TV Server. Note I am also running the MP2 TV Server. I have four tuners so there should be no contention among them for my needs anyway. I had exported all my settings from the MP1 TV Server, so I reimported them. I then deleted all the normal schedules as I imported those into the MP2 TV Server. So right now, the MP2 TV Server handles all the "series" schedules, and the MP1 TV Server handles only the TVWishList schedules. The MP1 TV Server puts the recordings in the same folder as the MP2 TV Server, and the MP2 Client reimports all the recordings on a nightly basis, so I should get all the TVWishList recordings showing up in the MP2 Client. This coming Sunday night will be the test.

Thanks again!

wiyosaya

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2014
    Home Country
    Thanks. I am considering going back to MP1 at this point; however, if I do stay with MP2 for now, I will try to install TVWishList in the MP2 server only and get back to you with the results.

Thanks again!

Charlie TV

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2014
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

I'm having trouble with recording the Strictly Come Dancing program on Saturday and then results show on the Sunday.

I have checked this setting;
    - if you use TvWishlist for series recordings make sure you have disabled the TVserver setting
    TvServer Setup Configuration -> Recording -> General -> Check Episode of already recorded programs...

I've restarted the TVService after making that change, but it is still only picking up the Saturday show (BBC ONE HD/18:55) and then not recording the Sunday show (BBC ONE HD/19:15)

Any ideas, the wife is driving me crazy about it :p

Cheers

Attachments

• TvWishList.zip
      390.7 KB

wiyosaya

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2014
    Home Country
    Hi,

I'm having trouble with recording the Strictly Come Dancing program on Saturday and then results show on the Sunday.

I have checked this setting;
    - if you use TvWishlist for series recordings make sure you have disabled the TVserver setting
    TvServer Setup Configuration -> Recording -> General -> Check Episode of already recorded programs...

I've restarted the TVService after making that change, but it is still only picking up the Saturday show (BBC ONE HD/18:55) and then not recording the Sunday show (BBC ONE HD/19:15)

Any ideas, the wife is driving me crazy about it :p

Cheers
    Why not set this up as an "every time on this channel" or "every time on every channel" recording instead of a TV Wish list. I have done this with some shows after they show up from a TVWishList entry.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    it is still only picking up the Saturday show (BBC ONE HD/18:55) and then not recording the Sunday show (BBC ONE HD/19:15)
    I don't use "TvWishList", so I am not sure that I should be posting in this thread. But as no one else has replied, may I make these points:

(1) As far as I know, MP does not currently support true series recording. In the UK, programmes have unique series ids and unique programme ids, and these permit true series recording. But MP does not use them. :(

(2) MP implements "series" recording by matching programme titles, i.e. all programmes with the specified title will be recorded on the chosen repeating schedule (i.e. every day, or every weekday, or every Saturday, or ...).

(3) In the broadcast EPG, the title of the Sunday programme is different from the title of the Saturday programme. So a "series" recording for the Saturday programme will not record the Sunday programme. :(

(4) One possible solution is to use wildcard characters. So, if the "*" character is used to represent "any characters", you might be able to specify that you want to record all programmes with titles such as:

Strictly Come Dancing*

Does "TvWishList" support this use of the "*" character?

(5) If "TvWishList" does not support this use of the "*" character, you will need to define a separate recording schedule for the Sunday programme.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

ultimatejoe

Portal Member
    October 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I know the plugin listing on the webpage says that this is only compatible with versions up to 1.13 but has anyone been able to get it working with 1.15? I've been told I need to upgrade to solve an unrelated error and I'd really prefer not to lose the functionality this plugin offers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom