TV Server Plugin: TvWishList (1 Viewer)

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
foxbenw,
I have a new testversion ready, which should fix the items with "schedule conflicts". For testing it would be great if you could disable your second card to check the conflict management. I reworked conflict management, priority processing and repeated schedules.

HomeY, from your log i saw that the recording counter never reached 0 and, therefore the EPG run is not started. It seems that a recording did not stop correctly (see the log file for "Recording flag"). Unfortunately i do not see the beginning. During recording or timeshifting the EPG search is waiting until it is completed to avoid on "weaker computers" stuttering. Please stop your tv server manually. if this occurs again I will think about a timeout protection. To keep every log file with a date please create the following dummy file:
C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\TvWishList\SplitLog.txt

I am not understanding the issue. If the Tv setup is opened for changing the EPG you should not have the TvwishlistMP client program open. That actually should not work, as it would lock the data.

Attachments

• TvWishList.Ver.1.2.3.1.mpe1
    4.6 MB
Last edited:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Please stop your tv server manually. if this occurs again I will think about a timeout protection.
    Already tried that. I know i had this issue with the previous version(s) also. When i check the boxes for the individual days, all is working fine.

I am not understanding the issue. If the Tv setup is opened for changing the EPG you should not have the TvwishlistMP client program open. That actually should not work, as it would lock the data.

About the issue: When i'm watching TV and open the TV Guide, this would normally show up instantly, but after a bit of testing with the client plugin enabled or disabled on my HTPC, i notice a pretty big difference in the time it takes to show me the TV Guide. Almost instant with plugin disabled, and (in 80% of the time) between 5 - 10 seconds with the plugin enabled.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

With TVWishList 1.2.3, I am getting an error that the client and server plugin are not the same version. However, they definitely are.

There is nothing logged for this. Is anyone else seeing the same? I am running this on the (soon to be released) 1.3.0Alpha.

As a secondary problem, once I have had this happen, I hit 'back' a couple of times, and then it takes me to 'TV home' which wasn't in my history (I went straight from 'home' to 'TVWishList'. If I hit 'back' again from TV home, it then tries to take me back into TVWishList.

I am using the reflex skin which doesn't actually have skin files yet for TVWishList. However, with the default skin on a network client, I see exactly the same.

I have attached some logging in case it tells you more than it tells me.

Mark

JiRo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2009
    Prague
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    With TVWishList 1.2.3, I am getting an error that the client and server plugin are not the same version. However, they definitely are.

There is nothing logged for this. Is anyone else seeing the same? I am running this on the (soon to be released) 1.3.0Alpha.

As a secondary problem, once I have had this happen, I hit 'back' a couple of times, and then it takes me to 'TV home' which wasn't in my history (I went straight from 'home' to 'TVWishList'. If I hit 'back' again from TV home, it then tries to take me back into TVWishList.

Same error, but just restart MediaPortal client PC and all is OK. The secondary problem exist when exist error that the client and server plugin are not the same version. After MediaPortal client PC restart both problems disappears. I think the problem occurs only by multiseat configuration.

JiRo.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country

Same error, but just restart MediaPortal client PC and all is OK. The secondary problem exist when exist error that the client and server plugin are not the same version. After MediaPortal client PC restart both problems disappears. I think the problem occurs only by multiseat configuration.

JiRo.

I see the problem also on my server.

Mark

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    I see the problem also on my server.

I must admit that I do not understand. How did the problem occur on the server side?

JiRo.

The MediaPortal client running the server is reporting the problem. I don't know how it is happening, but I can assure you that it is.

I will try to reinstall the plugin (server and client side) and report back.

JiRo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2009
    Prague
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    I think the problem will be somewhere around a named pipe reinitialization. By PC client restart all named pipes are deleted and recreated. And that is perhaps why the error does not appear after rebooting. But that's just my guess only ... ;) On the other hand. Do a restart after TvWishList installation and everything is fine. I can live with it.

JiRo.

Last edited:

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Yeah, after rebooting the server, all is working fine again.

Well, I guess the error was misleading unless installing the server plugin without stopping the TV server was returning the wrong plugin version. Worth thinking about this and seeing if the extension installer needs to stop the TV service.

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    HomeY,
    I have a new testversion. I think I fixed the recoding counter issue by forcing a reset if the recording does not end after 4 hours. In the long term I will make the recording counter optional and introduce a new option: rerun EPG check x minutes before each schedule

On the Tv guide difference I just did a try. Please let me know if it works on a multiseat. I can currently test single seat only.

Elliotmc, the issue comes from not initializing the named pipes correctly. I could not reproduce so far. I will change the message. The different tvserver version message is currently popping up on 3 scenarios:
    - tv server plugin is different
    - tv server plugin is not enabled
    - named pipes are not initialized correctly - reboot the server

My installer does stop the tvserver, but I need to change the code and copy over the standard stoptvserver routine.

Attachments

• TvWishList.Ver.1.2.3.2.mpe1
      4.6 MB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom