TV Server Plugin: TvWishList (1 Viewer)

Reg

Portal Pro
November 22, 2008
Christchurch
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Does the e-mail config part accept IMAP ? Every time I try to add it then it says no such pop account.

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Reg, sorry but IMAP is not supported. In the predefined settings you can find some free providers

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    huha, just a minor add to my 'slow EPG' issue. I just had the same problem on a client without the TvWishList client plugin installed, so it must be caused by the server plugin. ;)

The 'recording counter' issue also happened when i checked all days. Upgraded to latest and will let you know how it goes.

Reg

Portal Pro
    November 22, 2008
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Reg, sorry but IMAP is not supported. In the predefined settings you can find some free providers

Ok well what about pop3? If so exactly what is meant to go in what boxes, because I have spent ages trying to make it work and it keeps coming up with wrong e-mail string. I also tried hotmail, but again no matter what I put in it just says wrong string or wrong format.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Should be pretty easy to fill in, see screenshot for GMail settings.

Just fill in your email + password and make sure you set the smtp server (Hotmail uses smtp.hotmail.com on port 587 + SSL checked if i'm right) TvWishList-Email_Settings.JPG

Last edited:

Reg

Portal Pro
    November 22, 2008
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Should be pretty easy to fill in, see screenshot for GMail settings.

Just fill in your email + password and make sure you set the smtp server (Hotmail uses smtp.hotmail.com on port 587 + SSL checked if i'm right)View attachment 106955
    Ah thanks for that, the screen shot set me right, one picture is worth a thousand words. I now have it sending test messages fine.

Next problem is : where do I tell it where to get the epgdata from?

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Will TVWishList be compatible with MP 1.3 anytime soon? I need it before updating so i don't lose my wishlist.

Reg

Portal Pro
    November 22, 2008
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Will TVWishList be compatible with MP 1.3 anytime soon? I need it before updating so i don't lose my wishlist.

Well according to page one of this forum:

Requirements:
    MediaPortal 1.0.1 or 1.0.2 or 1.1 or 1.1.1 or 1.2.x or 1.3alfa
    Tested with XP (SP3 32 bit), Vista (SP2 32 bit) and Windows 7 (64 bit)

That would surely indicate that it is, but don't trust what I say as I have not even got my TVwishlist going yet LOL and now I just read somewhere that it doesn't do anymore than FTR already does, say maybe I don't even need it.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Next problem is : where do I tell it where to get the epgdata from?

TvWishList reads your MediaPortal EPG, so you need to make sure that's filled. For example by DVB provider or XML.

And i can confirm that TvWishList is perfectly running on the 1.3Alpha release ;)

The 'recording counter' issue also happened when i checked all days. Upgraded to latest and will let you know how it goes.
    Every '1' day is checked and that worked as expected this morning. Let's assume you fixed it with the 4-hour reset :D
    I'll keep an eye out and report if it happens again.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom