TV Server setup (1 Viewer)

Neil1454

Portal Member
October 25, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
darn... ok. I thought DVB-T2 was not even launched yet. And that HD channels was on DVB-T.

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    The Blackgold card you started with at the beginning of the thread was a quad DVB-T2 card, but you sent it back and bought a quad DVB-T card instead.

I didn't check the link you provided to your new card, since you said you had already bought it.

This is why I was saying the Blackgold cards are good, because there aren't a huge amounts of T2 cards on the market.

Neil1454

Portal Member
    October 25, 2012
    Home Country
    It's ok... I'll get there in the end.

I was not keen on the BG card. I will work something out.

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    Assuming your latest card was much cheaper than the Blackgold card, you could use the saved money to get a single tuner DVB-T2 card (or USB device).

You only need one tuner for the whole HD mux. However, there is no guarentee that there won't be more HD muxes in the future (in fact I hope there will be!)

erichzann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 25, 2011
    Oxford
    Home Country
    I think the black gold was a dual tuner at the beginning:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/BGT3620-dua...LKT8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1351971392&sr=8-3

That is a quality product.

My preferred brand of tuner is TBS so if going for more than a single T2 tuner I would recommend either of:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/PCI-E-DVB-T2-Definition-Digital-Receiver/dp/B005JTA7TG/ref=pd_sim_ce_1 - Dual T2

http://www.amazon.co.uk/PCI-E-DVB-T...N32A/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1351971392&sr=8-6 - Quad T2 (Probably similar price to the card you have bought)

Neil1454

Portal Member
    October 25, 2012
    Home Country
    Here is one for ya...

if I wanted to clear the whole channel scan to completely remove all the channels that have been added. How is this done?

I thought a rescan did it. But what I found was, if I scanned from another transmitter. It would add other channels ( i think local radio channels)
    but it did not seem to replace the previous scan, just add new finds to the list.

Be great to be able to delete the lot and start over as a real fresh scan???

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    In the US for over the air (antenna) ATSC, I use TV Server Config, go to "TV Channels > Channels(nnn)" select the channels I want to delete, and press "delete". I can then do a new Channel Scan.

If you have scheduled recordings the might want to use "export" to save your scheduled recordings and do an "import" when you complete your new channel scan. You probably also need to fix your EPG setup.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    As said above....

Use TVServer Config.... Go into the Channel window...click on the "All Channels" group.... Select the top channel....Scroll down..... Hold the Shift key and select the last channel. This should have selected all the channels..... Now click on Delete.

J.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom