Tv Stream only working with flash player (1 Viewer)

Franzkovic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 21, 2009
    so strange ... I have no clue why it once worked and no longer does ... when I look at "Tv Server Config -> Manual Control" I see that the timeshifting is started and immediatley stopped afterwards (not even a second).
    I have no clue why it is working with the flashplayer. If it is IIS related it shouldn't work with both right?

Last edited:

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Franzkovic did you try changing Stream type to Direct best performance on the Settings page? I have this same error if I select proxied or direct/proxied.

Franzkovic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 21, 2009
    Thank you for the tipp. I just tried it with "direct best performance". The Tv Server starts timeshifting and stops after some seconds (not immediately like with the other settings) but I never get a picture in VLC.

Jelmo

Portal Pro
    September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here are my comments

LiveTV via WAN does not work in Direct Mode
    LiveTV via WAN work with Flash
    Recordings via WAN work with Direct Mode and Flash

LiveTV and Recordings via LAN work in Direct Mode

LiveTV via WAN ( HTTP Profile / Iphone ) does not work
    Recording via WAN ( HTTP Profile / Iphone ) does not work

LiveTV and Recording via LAN ( HTTP Profile / Iphone ) work

So at this moment my personal "Main" Features are broken.
    This behavior is is nothing new. I have this problems since using 0.5x Release. Hopefully Oxan will find the problem.

Using IIS Edition on a WHS2011

Last edited:

jan.schreibe

Portal Member
    January 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can somebody confirm this ? Or is this only my problem ?

Same over here, it did work with 0.50 for a few days, never got it working again. I tried 0.5.1 and 0.5.2, i tried complete uninstall (deleting everything the uninstaller has left), reboot and reinstall still no joy.

Would be really cool if this could be fixed :)

kind regards

jan

Jelmo

Portal Pro
    September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Oxan,

https://github.com//MPExtended/issues/317

Issue still unassigned. Any idea how to fix the problem ?

jan.schreibe

Portal Member
    January 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    https://github.com//MPExtended/issues/317

That's describing the problem as a WAN access related problem, that is not the case, at least for me.

Streaming doesn't work for me internaly (never tried over WAN), and it doesn't seem to work in any of the possible configurations (Direct with and without proxy), through browser, flash or VLC. It just doesn't work. It did with 0.5.0 but never with 0.5.1 or 0.5.2.

I'm using MP 1.2.3 on Win 7 x64 (with IIS Express). I searched all Logfiles but there seem to be no error at all, the TV Server starts timeshifting for the selected channel and just stops it after a few seconds and thats it.

It would be REALLY cool if this could be fixed.

kind regards

jan

Jelmo

Portal Pro
    September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Jan,

would be great if you can modify the post with my findings, if you see the same or other problems. Because i´m on WHS 2011 + IIS edition

Users who are viewing this thread