tv tuner fail (1 Viewer)

Stephen Shaul

January 18, 2016
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi
When scanning on my Hauppenage 1200 internal digital tv card, windows media centre picks up all 43 Sydney/Australia channels, but your program picks up just 13 (meaning it is not a substitute for WMC if I upgrade to windows 10)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome Stephen

Try scanning Australia -> all regions rather than Australia -> Sydney (or whatever you're currently scanning). I can almost guarantee you that'll get you your 43 channels.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Of course. What I was saying was to select "Australia" as country and "Australia - All Regions Safe" (instead of Sydney) as region/provider.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I've setup my HDHomeRun in MP1 as (4) IPTV cards rather than Atsc. I can see the (4) Atsc cards, but just have them disabled. I did it this way so I didn't have to edit the channel names every time tested a new TV-server install. Anyway, it works. I don't know if this would get you past the BDA driver issue. I'll provide more...
    I've setup my HDHomeRun in MP1 as (4) IPTV cards rather than Atsc. I can see the (4) Atsc cards, but just have them disabled. I...
    I am brand new to MediaPortal. I have installed MP 2.4.1 on Windows 10. It is a fresh install and fully up to date. I have an...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 HP TV Tuner DE
    You need to setup the TV tuner in "TV Server Configuration". There should be a shortcut on the Windows desktop. The primary action is to "scan for channels", but obviously there are other things to setup too (such as the folder to use for recordings). MediaPortal should be able to use your tuner provided that the tuner has a BDA...
    You need to setup the TV tuner in "TV Server Configuration". There should be a shortcut on the Windows desktop. The primary action...
    New to Media Portal. I have it installed and working with the remote but cannot figure out how to get the tv tuner to work. I'm...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [solved] Stopped capturing live tv DE
    Thanks. I found the settings on DVB EPG and on the WebEPG page I used GrabNow then Saved. It did take a long'ish time and all is OK. Thanks so much for reminding me where to find the sort function. I failed to notice the tabs at the top and as I said, I had tried to find the method in the wiki. Everything is back to normal, so...
    Thanks. I found the settings on DVB EPG and on the WebEPG page I used GrabNow then Saved. It did take a long'ish time and all is...
    Before you create this bug report: Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [News] MediaPortal 2 - 2.5 Release DE
    Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
    Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.5 MediaPortal 2.5 is a full-blown media center software that addresses most common user...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.4.1 TV Server crashes again and again DE
    Hello ge2301, Yes, that was the problem: After switching off the TV Movie EPG import plug-in, the TV server runs through. Many many thanks Tom
    Hello ge2301, Yes, that was the problem: After switching off the TV Movie EPG import plug-in, the TV server runs through. Many many...
    Hello, yesterday I set up a new media portal. The last time I did this was a few years ago. So that I am very unsure. I set up a...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom